Gibson Brands Forums

VIBRATING EXPLORER WITH EMG'S GIVES ME A WOODY

cudamax2343

WELL THEY DON'T CALL ME THECRAZYGREEK OR DOGMANTHING FOR NOTH-IN. WELL FIRST THIS NEW GUITAR OF THE WEEK 84 REISUUE EXPLORER WITH EMGS I HAVE NOT REALLY PLAYED NOW FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS HAS BEEN SITTING OUTSIDE ITS CASE WAITING FOR THE NITO TO DRY-UP. I TOOK-IT TO A LOCAL JAM SPOT JIMMYS A LOCAL BAR THEY LET JUST ABOUT ANYONE PLAY THUR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS LONG AS YOU DONT GET BOO-ED FOR 30MINUTES A POP. THIS EXPLORER MAYBE ITS JUST THE COMBO OF SOO MUCH WOOD ON THE EXPLORER'S OR THE EMGS IN THE EXPLORER'S BUT THIS COMBO IS THE HOTTEST THING I'VE EVER PLAYED IN ALL OF MY 45 YEARS. I BLASTED THIS THING THUR MARSHALL TUBE POWER THUR 8--4-12 CABS 4 ON EACH SIDE OF THE STAGE AND MAN THE HOLE GUITAR VIBRATES AND IF YOU HOLD IT JUST RIGHT, WELL I FIND MYSELF YA- KNOW, REALLY LOVE-IN THIS THING.

ANY-ONE ELSE HAVE A VIBRATING AXE000_3317.jpg

One of the joys of playing with my band is that I get to feel my guitars come to life. There is a whole big difference between playing at household levels and playing at gig levels.

The only downside is that trying to protect my ears from further damage with ear defenders does spoil the party a little. When the axe starts speaking I usually have the plugs well in so I get to feel more than I hear! Its a fairly surreal experience.

Archived