Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul 1958 reissue ** Updated pics included!! **

Ironman1536

Agreed. As a side point' date=' I think over the last few years there has been too much of an emphasis placed on the amount of flame a top has. I own a 1960 Les Paul (not a reissue) and there is little to no flame, just a very clean burst. The sound is what it is all about and has enough Mojo to last many lifetimes over...

[/quote']

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

pictures plz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

pictures plz

I'll get some pics up. I am on my laptop where I don't have any stored, although a few years ago I posted some on the LPF and they may be there.

Incidently, even after my rant of it being with me for so many years through good times and bad, I have had a recent opportunity to move it to a new owner. And it is in the process of being appraised. If the sale does not happen, I'll gladly share the pics, but if it does get completed with my a.p., I will let the new owner share his own pictures of his own newly acquired Lesp Paul. He does know about this Gibson forum, but is more of a regular over on the LPF.

• 5 weeks later...

So tomororw should be the day! Im going with the R8 and should be getting it right after work tomorrow! In the store the back of the guitar looked sorta brownish, while the pictures on the internet most R8's look redish why is that?

Congratulations, sir! NGD and NAD are very exciting days indeed.

Post pics when you get it.

The color of the back finish will vary, some are natural, some are cherry, some are dark brown, etc.

Finally I got the guitar today! I was so happy going into the store and getting it, it was like the best high ever! I've been playing her for hours but its after 12 and I need to go to bed so i wont be to tired for work tomorrow. I will hopefully post some pics up in the next few days. I believe its an 07' model as the back numbers are 8 7---- (I believe the 7 after the 8 means 07) Its got a great sound too it.

• 4 weeks later...

oh children...

1) many of the vintage goldtops had tops that were off center. and i can think of one Burst that was as well. the top seam is merely cosmetic.

2) Just because you don't like the grain, doesn't mean anything. Afterall, it a plaintop and that's what plaintops usually look like. Look at my R8:

IMG_0152.jpg

in terms of grain, she has completely mismatched wood. send her back??? absolutely not.

the flame, grain or lack there of has no effect on tone. ugly or not, that guitar (I'm asssuming since he bought it) has badass tone. and that's all that matters.

That is an absolutly beautiful guitar . I congratulate you on your new Les Paul .

Enjoy , Don't let the posers get you down .

It's all about the feel and the sound . If you like it it's good . and much nicer than anyone diss'n it has. [-X

Thanks for the compliments from some of you. I personally love this guitar the tone is killer I play for church and every sunday people tell me how much better I sound, and my bandmates. It stays in tune forever also which is a + has great sustain and note clarity. Cosmetically I think it looks great and I love the color.

Mix-matched tops look beautiful' date=' IMHO book-matched tops look too "perfect" and dont seem to have any character[/quote']

you ever noticed how the R9s and R0s dont look like the vintage ones, cuz the tops are to crazy nice?

154e_12.jpg

bfg.jpg

tell me which one is vintage???

lol

Archived