Gibson Brands Forums

page's pedal?

jefleppard

I had a early silver/red one 3 knobs, and someone modded it with a switch of somekind, that I had removed from the circut because it didnt seem to do anything.

when I had it, I really liked how it made everything smoother, it wasnt a nasty raunchy fuzz, but a muddy, smooth fuzz, like the intro of whole lotta love, it adds that smoldering burning kinda tone, the sound of old faces era ron wood, muddy, sloppy, flubby tone

when it comes to new fuzz pedals, I am not the best source of info because I dont know that much, I like a ibenez fuzz pedal, but it is nothing like the old ones, it is harsh, agressive, mid-scopped, and not saturated enough

Sorry myspace.com/jessenoah, I wasn't clear - I meant which of the later / cheaper Big Muff's come nearest to that old tone (your description is spot on.....). Because I was seriously considering a Little Big Muff - seemed to be nearest to what I remember my purple Ram's Head to have sounded like..... and I was wondering what you heard when you listened to the newer Muffs compared to your old one.

My current "overdrive" is a heavily modded Boss SD-1 - it has a little die-cast box bolted to the side with a diode farm inside and two switches. They switch in 6/4 Germanium OC44, 8/7 Germanium OA10 and 1xRed/1xGreen LED circuits giving 0dB, 3dB and 6dB gain along with increasing "drive" or dirt. Good as many, better than a lot and versatile both into the amp AND into the desk/mixer (with some tone control work!).

But something about the Muffs keeps drawing me to them.....

just for shits a giggles, a copy of a possible set list, the tracks are right, but trying to figure out an order is kinda hard

Dancin' Days

Rock & Roll/Celebration Day

Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' Maid

Immigrant Song

The Ocean

Black Dog

D'y'er Mak'er

Good Times Bad Times

Dazed & Confused

Over The Hills & Far Away

Wanton Song

Houses Of The Holy

Lemon Song

What It Is And What It Shoulda Never Be

Misty Mountain Hop

Hot Dog

Ramble On

Kashmir

Moby **** / Whole Lotta Love

Stairway To Heaven

Communication Breakdown

just for ****s a giggles' date=' a copy of a possible set list, the tracks are right, but trying to figure out an order is kinda hard

Dancin' Days

Immigrant Song

The Ocean

Black Dog

D'y'er Mak'er

Good Times Bad Times

Dazed & Confused

Wanton Song

Houses Of The Holy

Lemon Song

What It Is And What It Shoulda Never Be

Misty Mountain Hop

Hot Dog

Ramble On

Kashmir

Moby **** / Whole Lotta Love

Stairway To Heaven

Communication Breakdown[/quote']

I'd love to hears some recordings of you guys, Jesse. The impression I've gotten after getting to know you (as much as one can get to know someone over the web) is that you, your brother and your band probably ROCK.

just for ****s a giggles' date=' a copy of a possible set list, the tracks are right, but trying to figure out an order is kinda hard

Dancin' Days

Immigrant Song

The Ocean

Black Dog

D'y'er Mak'er

Good Times Bad Times

Dazed & Confused

Wanton Song

Houses Of The Holy