Gibson Brands Forums

What the Eff?

Silenced Fred

Detroit?

I read someplace a couple years ago that Dearborn MI had the highest per capita Muslim population in the USA.

Home for the holidays, visiting relatives maybe?

Wait, don't they have security before you get on an airplane?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

What a fxcking joke.

His own father reported him to the US Embassy six months ago and he was not on a watch list.

Long lines, make you take your shoes off so that passengers are inconvenienced enough to believe they have

effective security measures to detect anything 100% of the time. Not even close to the truth.

Don't get me started.

Part of the reason I got my pilot's license all those years ago.

Fly Air Neo and you can bet yer *** there's a gun in the cockpit.

Won't be none of that stupidity happening on my flight.

[biggrin]

The Richard Reid story warmed my heart.

Most accounts you read will play down just how thoroughly the passengers whipped his *** on that plane.

He wouldn't have survived if I was aboard.

Why?

Very simple really;

1. Once they're in the floor, gather as many people around as possible.

2. Kick 'em in the head.

3. When they cover their head with their arms, kick 'em in the ribs/abdomen.

4. When they cover their torso with their arms, kick 'em in the head.

5. Repeat as necessary.

6. At some point you should have obvious arm fractures as a bonus.

When the plane lands, make sure they are fully restrained before checking for any vital signs.

Lower than animals - deserve to be treated as such.

Fox News? Fox News and Al Jazera have similar non partisan methods of reporting don't they? (I jest; although I take both with an air craft hanger full of salt- just saying:-" )

Matt

It was just the first link I saw, go on anywhere and they have the story

Now there are talks of not allowing passengers to have anything out, be it a pillow, or a laptop, for up to an hour BEFORE the flight lands

It was just the first link I saw' date=' go on anywhere and they have the story

Now there are talks of not allowing passengers to have anything out, be it a pillow, or a laptop, for up to an hour BEFORE the flight lands[/quote']

Hi Fred,

You're completely right, it is everywhere. Joking aside; reading the news this morning, it made me feel very sad that the decade is ending like it begun; ie with the problem of terrorism in the world.:-

I think we (as in a collective 'we') need to shed our fear of offending people and work on a logical method of searching that targets, upon statistical evidence, the groups that are likely to cause an act of terrorism. At the moment men in their twenties, who are Muslim are the people I would be singling out. I would rather hurt their feelings than risk much worse. Plus it doesn't have to be done in a nasty way!

Unshaven, with black hair and a tan from my holiday, about to board the plane with my guitar; I was taken aide by two people just before I boarded. My wife took the piss out of me and we laughed the journey back, but I am glad they were doing their job.

Matt

Hi Fred' date='

You're completely right, it is everywhere. Joking aside; reading the news this morning, it made me feel very sad that the decade is ending like it begun; ie with the problem of terrorism in the world.:-

I think we (as in a collective 'we') need to shed our fear of offending people and work on a logical method of searching that targets, upon statistical evidence, the groups that are likely to cause an act of terrorism. At the moment men in their twenties, who are Muslim are the people I would be singling out. I would rather hurt their feelings than risk much worse. Plus it doesn't have to be done in a nasty way!

Unshaven, with black hair and a tan from my holiday, about to board the plane with my guitar; I was taken aide by two people just before I boarded. My wife took the piss out of me and we laughed the journey back, but I am glad they were doing their job.

Matt

[/quote']

You bring up a very good point, personally, I can't believe our some people would rather live in fear, than offending someone. Many view it as stereotyping, but here is my view on it, without people and see how others react. You get attacked by a rottweiler (just an example, I love rottweilers and know some super nice ones), you will probably be more cautious about a rottweiler than a german shepherd. The terrorists do seem to fit an 'image' but I think if anyone chooses to act on it, they will come across as racist and be frowned upon. My first flight I went on was last year, I got pulled aside because I looked 'suspicious'.

It doesn't really matter what they are attacking, or even if they are successful. The fact of the matter is that they have affected our everyday lives. The US, specifically because I live here, has a method, we will do whatever we can to not destroy, while the other side is willing to sacrifice themselves. You can't have a logical war when you are trying to save the lives of the enemy more than your own!

The world we live in now is very disheartening, and stuff like this only reinforces it. Such a shame that we can no longer be ourselves, that we have to worry about stuff like this. I remember when 9-11 happened, I was outside in gym and playing soccer, the principal came sprinting out of the building and told everyone to get inside. None of the teachers would tell any of the students what happened, and that only reinforced worries.

I think that once people finally accept who they are and stop living in this state of fear that is constant, we will be a much more productive country.

Really trying to keep this non-political :- but so hard

I try and avoid sterotyping... although I make an exception where it concerns safety.

For example; If I am walking home late at night and ten youths, with shaved heads and hooded jackets were walking on the same side of the road shouting etc; I may consider crossing and taking a different route.

The chances are they are just ten young guys in a really good mood and just wearing what is a fashion amongst many young people around the world, but better safe than sorry.

Matt

I try and avoid sterotyping... although I make an exception where it concerns safety.

For example; If I am walking home late at night and ten youths' date=' with shaved heads and hooded jackets were walking on the same side of the road shouting etc; I may consider crossing and taking a different route.

The chances are they are just ten young guys in a really good mood and just wearing what is a fashion amongst many young people around the world, but better safe than sorry.

Matt[/quote']

As to I, but certain circumstances, like the one you stated, dictate that on occasion. Maybe you will end up being embarassed, but better embarassed then dead!

What kind of money does airport security make? If they are in charge of securing the plane, pay them a decent wage, implement similar restrictions like air traffic controllers, and make them responsible for what they do, i.e., if someone gets past security like this recent incident, you're charged. When we flew from Calgary to Seattle last July for the Gillian Welch concert, it was pretty obvious that security couldn't have cared less. They were bored, muttering the same old things to countless, faceless passengers, it's no wonder stuff like this happens. Make them responsible, pay them properly, elevate the status of the job, and maybe we'd stand a chance.

As for political correctness, it's destroying my country.

Archived