Gibson Brands Forums

Counterfeit Korina V's

Laaz

On the subject of counterfeit Gibson's, has anyone noticed all the Canadian listings of the Explorers on Ebay ? The 76 reissue has one of the pickguard screws located at a angle up near the switch. I checked the Gibson site & the photo they have listed still shows that screw located in the same place. All the Canadian Ebay listings are showing all of their Explorers with that same screw relocated lower on the pickguard. Has anyone else noticed this ?

Correct location

76reissue.jpg

Wrong location (Canadian listings)

fake76copy.jpg

Well, the fretboard coloration is a "feature" not a "bug". Some folks like it, and some folks like sunburst paint schemes. No accounting for choice, it's just what it is.

If the screw isn't correct, that's a different story. Could we get a reading from Gibson on whether or not the manufacturing template was changed?

That screw is how they are on the Epiphone 58's

That's what I was thinking as well. Check all the Ebay listings from Canada with "New" Explorers, every one has the same screw location. I've been to two shops this past week & both shops had new Explorers with the correct screw location... Makes you wonder.

Heres another one. Notice the weird coloration in the fretboard. Would Gibson actually release a guitar with a flaw that bad on the fretboard ? Also notice the location of the same screw on the pickguard.

Canadian Explorer

yea, even CS lets some flaws go though. I have pesonal exp.with this. although only a cosmetic flaw, for a new CS and a limited run it should have never gone out . the guitar plays great so i live with it. It will never be sold so it's still a Gibson. And i got a nice discount on it.

• 1 month later...
Have anybody bought these copies? How they sounds? :-

Bad. The pu's in the fake LP Supreme I've inspected was was a study in feedback. Wouldn't plan on playing a thing like that through a Marshall. The craftmanship isn't even up to Epi standard so basically you get what you pay for ie waste of money.

Archived