Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas Guitars

DanvillRob

I sure wish I could have learned to play on a Dove or a Hummingbird! Outstanding! I wonder do they even realize what they've got! Good form' date=' DanvillRob!!![/quote']

One good thing is that I got my Jubilee back... I really missed it while the kids had it.

Here's Christmas day... me on the Jubilee... my BIL on my Dove, and his son on the Martin.

21053_224631566922_542546922_3658921_6915437_n.jpg

Any chance your adopting at the present time? I would fancy something a bit simpler... A black J45 will do nicely!

:)

What a great gift!!! You are one special Dad!

HAHA... WAIT 'til I have grandkids! I really liked the black Dove/Hummingbird the kids got. And they play like dreams. Maybe down the road, they'll get something different, but they need to learn some first!

Great choice, those Epiphone Doves are very nice sounding and playing guitars. They're a hard guitar to beat for the price. That should hold them until they can afford their own Gibsons.

I hear it said that matching Hummingbirds make a great anniversay present. :)

Great presents. Great family stuff. Now that's a Chistmas. :-

You know... after several "lost" years with my son, and losing our mother last year, it really was a great Christmas. Since the mom is gone, it's our new family tradition.... every one over our house for pickin' & grinnin'!!

You did just great' date=' man!

I hope that your kids understand what they have in hands and really play a lot!

Great, great!

I wish you years of happy fingerpicking and strumming an singing together!

Let your Gibson Doves and Hummingbirds fly and sing for you!

[/quote']

Thanks.... I hope they play often. They've only had 3 lessons so far!

At least you're waiting for something worth waiting for!

+1 on that request for photos.

-- Bob R

Yeah, same here -- turns out that Brown came by to deliver the box WHILE WE WERE OUT (6:30 PM) -- Rats!!

Hopefully we and they and it will meet very soon; then I'll dash off some photos for y'all.

Fred

Yeah' date=' same here -- turns out that Brown came by to deliver the box WHILE WE WERE OUT (6:30 PM) -- Rats!!

Hopefully we and they and it will meet very soon; then I'll dash off some photos for y'all.

Fred

[/quote']

Don't ya just HATE when that happens?

Im available for adoption. I could be the 46 yr old son u never had. I'll take a songwriter deluxe next xmas.

Thanks Dad!

Does that mean I have to give you a gas card too? 46 years ago I was 14....not sweing many "wild oats" as I looked like I was 9!!

Hey Rob...

Uhhhh.... Since I'm older than you... <grin>

Gorgeous guitars and looks like nice kids too...

I was gonna write something flip' date=' but... Naaaah.

m

[/quote']

Mr. Milod, (since I'm younger), you can write anything you like.... I'm not thin-skinned, and enjoy a good line, even if it's at my expense!

The "kids" are good kids..... As I said earlier, after several "lost" years, the son went back to college, graduated, got a GREAT job... met his beautiful wife, (you should have SEEN what he was dating before he got clean!), who is a school teacher. They got married last July.... now every holiday is 10 times more enjoyable.... It really "made my life" complete!

Bob

Archived