Gibson Brands Forums

Boss DS-1... I don't get it.

RichCI

Boss pedals are generally good performers and hold up well. Never really had any problems with any of them. Boutique pedals are cool and all but too costly for my taste and, though they do sound great, don't sound that much better to justify their cost. That said, the DS-1 is one of the most horrible sounding pedals I've ever heard in 20+ yrs. of playing. I once did a solo overdub on a fellow student's recording project while at Berklee College of Music. It was spur of the moment and he had to have it done RIGHT NOW so I didn't have any of my regular gear. The only distortion pedal available to us was a DS-1. Simply awful. Like fingernails on a chalkboard. I still cringe when I listen to that project.

Boss pedals are generally good performers and hold up well. Never really had any problems with any of them. Boutique pedals are cool and all but too costly for my taste and, though they do sound great, don't sound that much better to justify their cost. That said, the DS-1 is one of the most horrible sounding pedals I've ever heard in 20+ yrs. of playing. I once did a solo overdub on a fellow student's recording project while at Berklee College of Music. It was spur of the moment and he had to have it done RIGHT NOW so I didn't have any of my regular gear. The only distortion pedal available to us was a DS-1. Simply awful. I still cringe when I listen to that project.

Archived