Gibson Brands Forums

Silverburst Fakes?

Papa Lazarou

Cheers guys.

I think I will stick around' date=' I have it in mind to buy an Explorer in the next few weeks/months, and in fact the cash that would have gone on the Silverburst was originally saved for an Explorer. I'm sure there's plenty of people here who can point me in the right direction.

I truly love the Gibson. I have other manufacturer's guitars, but there's just nothing like a Gibson. It's a genuinely intangible thing on a soulistic level that happens when I pick one up, especially a Les. [/quote']

Oh...what is this...now you're trying to sell us FAKE Explorers? You've got some nerve coming in here and trying to sell this crap! Just don't know when to quit, do you? [-(

Just kidding...nothing like a little initiation, right? O:)

Those silverbursts you posted at the beginning of all this. I'm not sure if anybody else pointed this out, but another way to tell if it's a fake is the diamond shaped symbol on the headstock. The diamonds you posted are way too small. There's another on-going silverburst thread here. Have a look at those and you'll instantly be able to tell a real one from a fake one.

(Btw: Be sure to check out Tim A's silverburst...it's absolutely breathtaking)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum... you should read some of the posts.. very interesting stuff in here... once you start reading you'll find it hard to abandon it.

Sorry for any comment i made earlier... i am sort of tired of this chinese stuff being advertised here... even wrote a whole never ending thread about that... some of the guys took the time to read it all, and even post replys.

Welcome Papa! Look at the flurry of action your first post caused' date=' I can't wait to see your second![/quote']

So all's well that ends well. Welcome to the forum Papa, and incidentally you're not the only guy with one Gibson at present (cherry burst Classic, me). Glad you're going to stick around, and to add to Aaresz's comment, no-one's going to forget you in a hurry! Aussei Aussie Aussie...

Wow! Just caught this thread, you guys did a great job welcoming the noob. Shall we just put up a sign saying ' DO NOT ASK FOR HELP HERE!.

I think some of our newer members need to **** off back to Ultimateguitar.com.

F--- off back to Ultimateguitar.com, Ha. May-be I will pal.

My mistake for bashing a new member with his first post for saying he owns a 1996 gibson and is wanting to know if his freind's offer for him to buy a made in china gibson les paul silverburst for just under 2 grand, that he knows comes from a factory that's in china, that can churn out 90 unit a month is real or a fake.

Then mr papa writes on april 17th in the Silverburst fakes topic. It's a local shop, for local people. They even sell cans of can't. I think they have twelvety left (Its funny how he spells that). Just don't cause any trouble, they'll have none there, referring to a town called Melbourne. Hmmm still don't smell a rat

My mistake and I am sorry, real sorry for sticking up for gibson usa guitars in a gibson forum. Hmmm, Wow, o.k. My mistake for saying I smell a rat, and for telling him to F--- off, and for ranting and raving and I have real issues especially when I 'm talking to a dorky dumb-*** cartoon character and I should F--- off. That's o.k. I'm thecrazygreek I can take it.

O.K THANX'S MAN.

Then mr papa writes on april 17th in the Silverburst fakes topic. It's a local shop' date=' for local people. They even sell cans of can't. I think they have twelvety left (Its funny how he spells that). Just don't cause any trouble, they'll have none there, referring to a town called Melbourne. Hmmm still don't smell a rat

[/quote']

FFS its been explained to you a dozen times, He was referring to the tv programme he got his name from.

cudamax2343--what happened to your earlier post in this thread...did you delete them or did the forum dump them?

Im pretty sure the mods deleted it as he edited his first post to say that he now wanted a fake Gibson and they looked pretty good ^_^

EDIT: Ah just realised you ment this thread! He must have been so embarrassed by he deleted his lovely contribution.

EDIT AGAIN: In fact all his posts have gone, can you delete your own account? Has he been banned? The search function still brings all his posts up though.

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=search

Thundergod wrote:

I feel the same way when someone post his first thread consisting on "can anyone help me with this serial?" c'mon guys... you know the odds of him just asking to see if the number will work for new fakes. They are catching up... some already have 2screwTRCs and correct pickup rings and bridge... so why not ask around in the gibson forums about SNs? and why not post some pics of fakes to see if they could pass as real?

There are a lot of great fakes out there, I mean that would fool about 50% of the people who looked at them, none of the 50% would come from this forum of coarse. I'm very reluctant to show this website with tons of fakes...but see how real they look....If I were Gibby...I be all over that Co. for pounding out the FAKES..

http://www.paylessguitars.com/products.asp?pclass=GIBSON%20ELECTRIC%20GUITAR&c_code=0002

If anyone buys anything from here, you will receive the Death Penalty !!!!!

Im pretty sure the mods deleted it as he edited his first post to say that he now wanted a fake Gibson and they looked pretty good =D>

EDIT: Ah just realised you ment this thread! He must have been so embarrassed by he deleted his lovely contribution.

EDIT AGAIN: In fact all his posts have gone' date=' can you delete your own account? Has he been banned? The search function still brings all his posts up though.

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=search[/quote']No I'm still here, old buddie, old pal.

You know what guys, I think this is way out of control. Is there a way to delete the thread? I mean, this aint helping anybody. I have nothing against Papa or cudamax. I just think it would be nice if this thread would go away so we can get back to the more friendly threads.

Everyone just stop replying and it will go away.

Oh CRAP!!! Now I went and did it too... :-k

YOUR *** HOLE, and shooting your mouth off for no reason. What went on was between myself and papa, and was not directed at yourself nor were you involed. You nor any of the others here that are doing the same as yourself, had any intelligent or usefull imput into my discussion. Your only involvement and several other smart *** forum members only seems to be an on-going verbal harassment campaign directed at myself, and to be honest your quite annoying and should cut the crap. Would you like to open a topic and we can go at there, or are you and a few others just going to continue to back door me and stab me in the back like a *****

Is this what this forum is about.

YOUR *** HOLE' date=' and shooting your mouth off for no reason. What went on was between myself and papa, and was not directed at yourself nor were you involed. You nor any of the others here that are doing the same as yourself, had any intelligent or usefull imput into my discussion. Your only involvement and several other smart *** forum members only seems to be an on-going verbal harassment campaign directed at myself, and to be honest your quite annoying and should cut the crap. Would you like to open a topic and we can go at there, or are you and a few others just going to continue to back door me and stab me in the back like a *****

Is this what this forum is about.[/quote']

DUDE, chill out. Quit taking everything so PERSONALLY. This is the internet, anything said towards anyone means NOTHING. Let it ROLL OFF. It's not like someone showed up at your house and started ****-talking you. It only means anything if you LET IT. You haven't even been registered a week and you're being belligerent to just about everyone. No one here is "out to get you" so sit back, have a drink, and enjoy talking about guitars. That's what we're all here for.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!

I was just making a joke about Phil's post on letting this thread fade out. I found it funny that most of the recent posts were people saying "let this thread go away", but by posting that, they were bringing it right back to the top (and now I've gone and done it again).

I have NO idea how my 2 line comment on Phil's post was construed as an attack on you? If you've read any of my 300-plus posts on here, you'll find I occasionally make a funny, and NEVER throw any muck around.

YOUR *** HOLE' date=' and shooting your mouth off for no reason. What went on was between myself and papa, and was not directed at yourself nor were you involed. You nor any of the others here that are doing the same as yourself, had any intelligent or usefull imput into my discussion. Your only involvement and several other smart *** forum members only seems to be an on-going verbal harassment campaign directed at myself, and to be honest your quite annoying and should cut the crap. Would you like to open a topic and we can go at there, or are you and a few others just going to continue to back door me and stab me in the back like a *****

Is this what this forum is about.[/quote']

Brilliant =D> I love this guy!

wow! hey guys i want you to kiss and make up... ("i want" meaning i'm ordering you a-holes!!! =D> )

now seriously... whats the problem here?

sometime ago a briliant individual wrote:

"fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still a retard"

(is the word "retard" politicaly correct? ...who cares!)

so chill out and enjoy the talk about guitars.

wow! hey guys i want you to kiss and make up... ("i want" meaning i'm ordering you a-holes!!! =P~ )

now seriously... whats the problem here?

sometime ago a briliant individual wrote:

"fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics... even if you win' date=' you're still a retard"

(is the word "retard" politicaly correct? ...who cares!)

so chill out and enjoy the talk about guitars.[/quote'] Hey Thundergod that was real good. Good one man.

Just trying to lighten the mood here a little... i have experienced how easy some threads can go out of our hands before... at the end everything works out and we all remained friends here.

Hey i see you have quite a collection of guitars... how do you live!!!??? I couldnt decide which one to play or which one i liked more than the others, i couldnt even sleep... you should post some pics of them though... half of us will end up with a severe case of GAS.

Cheers guys.

I think I will stick around' date=' I have it in mind to buy an Explorer in the next few weeks/months, and in fact the cash that would have gone on the Silverburst was originally saved for an Explorer. I'm sure there's plenty of people here who can point me in the right direction.

I truly love the Gibson. I have other manufacturer's guitars, but there's just nothing like a Gibson. It's a genuinely intangible thing on a soulistic level that happens when I pick one up, especially a Les.

[/quote']

Make sure you buy from an Authorized Gibson Dealer so you wont get any fakes

Archived