Gibson Brands Forums

Can you just leave a bullet in if the bleeding done stopped ?

Blackie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Blackie. Talk about a turd in the punch bowl.

The bullet is only part of the problem, most of the infections are caused by residual powder under the skin. No doubt, do the right thing and get to the hospital and get the wound treated properly and deal with the consequences. If you were really worried about being caught doing something wrong, I suspect you would not have posted it here. Don't forget, we have members who are cops too.

Ouch hope he's ok bullet holes are a little tougher than what they show in the movies.

They actually do leave some bullets in place I have several pieces of shot from a shotgun round they left in said it would encapsulate over time and that digging them out would have done more trauma then the projectiles. the bullet in my right lung they dug out from the back side leaves some interesting scars.

If this is for real...

Absolutely get professional treatment and now.

Reports would have to be made regardless; better now than after death or loss of body parts.

Others spoke of the med thing, and joked of the "cowboy movie" stuff. Yeah, a lotta stuff got done in the olden days and studying some of those cases is kinda a specialty of mine, but...

A Dr. friend noted that the "wilderness" was a lot cleaner then, too, in terms of general germ populations.

m

If this is for real...

Absolutely get professional treatment and now.

Reports would have to be made regardless; better now than after death or loss of body parts.

Others spoke of the med thing' date=' and joked of the "cowboy movie" stuff. Yeah, a lotta stuff got done in the olden days and studying some of those cases is kinda a specialty of mine, but...

A Dr. friend noted that the "wilderness" was a lot cleaner then, too, in terms of general germ populations.

m

[/quote']

Very true Milod, back then they didn't have these super bugs we have now. Look at the MRSA virus, it's transfered from not washing your hands. I had to prepare samples for under the microscope when I worked in a hospital. The MRSA super bug does havoc to the human body. It actually looked worse than streptococcal .

So with this said, health professionals will know more and be able to see more about the bullet wound. Just because it looks ok on the outside ,doesn't mean it's ok on the inside .

OK......all is cool...it was a moron neighbor's friend, seems these guys were getting ready for new years and instead of fireworks

they planned on firing guns in the air. Alcohol....bullet in chamber with clip out...guy shot himself in the leg......ambulance....police.....etc.

Gonna stay away from the windows later tonite...........idiots !

OK......all is cool...it was a moron neighbor's friend' date=' seems these guys were getting ready for new years and instead of fireworks

they planned on firing guns in the air. Alcohol....bullet in chamber with clip out...guy shot himself in the leg......ambulance....police.....etc.

Gonna stay away from the windows later tonite...........idiots ![/quote']

Oh...ok.

Idiots is correct...

When I used to do some competitive CAS shooting, only when the arms were put away would we sit around the fire barrel and have a brandy or two.

Guns and booze mix about as well as guns and automobiles - although more stupid people drink and drive so I get to take accident photos that I don't want to take...

In fact, fireworks and booze mix about as well. Sheesh.

m

Now it all makes sense... Neighbor gets shot' date=' comes running over for help and you say hmm I'm not sure what to do, why don't I ask the guys at the Gibson Forum...[blink'] [biggrin] .

Some of us do have medical training :-

I know for sure I couldn't take out a bullet but I do know how to plug the hole from a knife entering lol.

Ouch hope he's ok bullet holes are a little tougher than what they show in the movies.

They actually do leave some bullets in place I have several pieces of shot from a shotgun round they left in said it would encapsulate over time and that digging them out would have done more trauma then the projectiles. the bullet in my right lung they dug out from the back side leaves some interesting scars.

Did this happen during one of your hunting trips with **** Cheney?

OK......all is cool...it was a moron neighbor's friend' date=' seems these guys were getting ready for new years and instead of fireworks

Oh you loopy Yanks. Always good for a laugh.

Over here they outlawed guns...so we just go around stabbing each other with knives,screw drivers,blunt sticks in the eye...as you do...[blush]

Oh,almost forgot...we also throw hot shrimps at each other too. THAT's the worst! Still have the scars to show.

Scared the sh*t out of me Blackie. I was going to say, "the next time you make a post..." but holy crap man, that was just wrong. Glad you're ok. I think I smack you if I ever get to meet you, then I'll buy you a beer.

Scared the sh*t out of me Blackie. I was going to say' date=' "the next time you make a post..." but holy crap man, that was just wrong. Glad you're ok. I think I smack you if I ever get to meet you, then I'll buy you a beer.[/quote']

Yea dude, give us the full story at once next time!

Archived