Gibson Brands Forums

Help with Traditional Pro Les Paul - Please

rocknpop

Hi guys,

I am looking into a Les Paul traditional pro (the one with the split coils burstbuckers 3 and Classic 57). Can you guys give me your thoughts on it? I'm thinking of getting the ebony.

How do they compare with the 490 PUPs on the Studio?

Do the split coils compromise the integrity on the PUPs?

What do you think of the new neck and tuners?

Thanks!!

I can't help you out with the pickups but the neck and tuners I can. I love the neck on the traditional's, not that big really and I got used to it very quickly. It's more of a 50's style neck. The tuners, no problem what so ever. They do what there supposed to do.

My traditional doesn't have the coil splits but it does have the 57's in it. Sweet, I like them a lot more than the bustbucker pro's.

I would go out and try it to see if you like all the features you listed. That would be the only way to know forsure.

Trad Pros are Guitar Center exclusives and we won't get any up here. I think they have the '60s neck. The pickups are good. You should play one next to a Studio if you want to know how these pickups compare to a Studio's pickups. Some guy on the internet telling you they're great or not great doesn't mean much.

I have the Traditional Pro and love it the combo of the 57 and BB is one of my favorites and coil splitting was something I didn't care that much about before this guitar but it's killer Ive actually done it to two other guitars now. As for the locking tuners another great feature they are tight and look good as well. The neck is a 60's neck but it has a good feel and doesn't seem small in any way and I love the finish on the neck.

overall great guitar and for the price it's hard to beat.

IMG_0006.jpg

I have the Traditional Pro and love it the combo of the 57 and BB is one of my favorites

Spot on Man, I'm actually considering dropping a BB 3 in my Goldtop to approximate this combo (it already has 57 classics in it).

I've got the Vintage Burst and I can't find a dang thing I don't like about it.

I have the Traditional Pro and love it the combo of the 57 and BB is one of my favorites and coil splitting was something I didn't care that much about before this guitar but it's killer Ive actually done it to two other guitars now. As for the locking tuners another great feature they are tight and look good as well. The neck is a 60's neck but it has a good feel and doesn't seem small in any way and I love the finish on the neck.

´

retrosurfer1959 - can you tell me more about the 57 classics? and how you compare it to others... also, what about the BB do you like? nice guitar by the way... I want the ebony one =)

I've had a Trad pro for 6 months now and it's a great guitar.You could play any type of gig with it from country to metal.The combination of single coil and humbucker are great.I seem to leave my neck pickup on single coil and my bridge on humbuker and the middle position just chimes for rythym.The locking tuners are great and the neck is really comfy.I've played for 40 years and have owned 70 or 80 guitars and this is one of my favorites.My

Thanks for the replies... I went to try one out right after landing today. I liked it, also liked the single coil option. I did notice the treble PUPS were sparklier than the ones in my studio, but I think I need to take my Studio Plus and compare...

Archived