Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall

swleary

Well sh*t mate.[biggrin]

I keep telling you to wait and you won't be disappointed.

If you don't know what sound you're chasing then...:-k

The C5 will give you what you want if you're after balls to the wall overdrive "+" even more IF you use a pedal.

I alternate between using a dist+ & TS-9(lean mostly towards the TS-9 because that's more my style of playing/sound now)but it will take any gain/boost pedal and push it.

[-( What more do ya wanna know...I get beautiful sounds outta this.

Tell ya what - tomorrow I'll lay some solo beds down and post them on my Soundclick site for ya to hear. OK...

Well sh*t mate.[biggrin]

I keep telling you to wait and you won't be disappointed.

If you don't know what sound you're chasing then...:-k

The C5 will give you what you want if you're after balls to the wall overdrive "+" even more IF you use a pedal.

I alternate between using a dist+ & TS-9(lean mostly towards the TS-9 because that's more my style of playing/sound now)but it will take any gain/boost pedal and push it.

[-( What more do ya wanna know...I get beautiful sounds outta this.

Tell ya what - tomorrow I'll lay some solo beds down and post them on my Soundclick site for ya to hear. OK...

Putting some sound clips up would be awesome Lowdown, that'll be great.

Do you ever use a reverb pedal on the Class 5? I have a Marshall reverb here just collecting dust and would be great to use it on it.

Putting some sound clips up would be awesome Lowdown' date=' that'll be great.

Do you ever use a reverb pedal on the Class 5? I have a Marshall reverb here just collecting dust and would be great to use it on it. [/quote']

Nah. Nothing except the TS-9.

And to be honest,I even hate having to run that through it. I would truly prefer to keep it as clean as(fx wise)possible. The less garbage in,the less out.

But,I'll drag out the delays/chorus/reverbs etc for you if you want OK.

Ok that sounds great to me :)

One other question. What is the ohms rating for the extension cabinet? I have a 8 ohms' date=' 500 watt rating cab just sitting here lol[/quote']

Well that is the only thing that p*ssed me off actually,because the ext. cab out will only take a "16 ohm" load sorry ta say. And there is no way way of hotrodding/rectifying that either. UNLESS,you can re-wire your cab.

Damn those people at marshall. I'm gonna send them a very stern email lol.

:) Yeah. Well' date='I'm sure the reasoning behind it is to get you to use a quady with it. Which is another story altogether[drool']

Oh the pain,the pain...#-o

sw

The DSL 401 are a nice little 40 watt that you could plug your bottom

into also. Are you playing with anyone or just practicing at home. If you want

gain go for the VM I got mine off CL for a steal ($800) looks like new not

a scratch. I also have the Orange tiny terror. Now that has great gain

got mine you guessed it off CL $375. I do most off my lead work through

the TT. Great sustain ans pinch harmonics

CW

sw

The DSL 401 are a nice little 40 watt that you could plug your bottom

into also. Are you playing with anyone or just practicing at home. If you want

gain go for the VM I got mine off CL for a steal ($800) looks like new not

a scratch. I also have the Orange tiny terror. Now that has great gain

got mine you guessed it off CL $375. I do most off my lead work through

the TT. Great sustain ans pinch harmonics

CW

I mostly play at home, all by my lonesome. Occasionally will have my buddy come over and jam. I may venture out later to gig though :-k

I mostly play at home' date=' all by my lonesome. Occasionally will have my buddy come over and jam. I may venture out later to gig though [biggrin] [/quote']

In that case the DSL would be a little to much power unless you can turn it

up. I live out in the country so I don't bother anyone. Try one of the small

watters then. I like the TT but the Night Train is nice and so is the Blackstar.

Krank makes a 20 watt that has tons overdrive. When we jam over here

the Marshalls are turned up. I turn them up when I'm alone also can't help

it just sounds better.

CW

The 401 is a great little amp. But little is not the correct adjective for it; that sucker is loud!!! If you are looking for a great sound that would be suitable for nearly any venue, the 401 is great. I ended up selling it because I couldn't get a sound I liked at low volumes. The price sounds about right, but make sure to get a post 2003 (I think it's after 2003), because of the overheating problems they were prone to. If you are looking for bedroom volumes, perhaps heeding the advice of others would be appropriate and wait for the Class 5.

i had the tsl601 and had nothing but problems. it was in the shop 4 of the 6 months i owned it. this guy did say his had been repaired so i'd question him on the type of repair. the price is good if its in good shape.

also, if the dsl is similar to the tsl, these amps don't have that classic marshall vibe. the dirty channel is missing that punch/crunch/scoop or whatever you want to call it.

Archived