Gibson Brands Forums

just got my first

Izzy

What's this thing with that particular amp and we're all crazy about it? After listening to Surfpup's youtube video with this one I was so blown away, that I spend last night listening some more of it. Here is an interesting one, with a Les Paul copy:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

And I got Lowdown who got me completely turned on the Marshall Class 5... :D #-o Hard choice which is going to be my next amp...

Many congrats Izzy! Sounds absolutely brilliant!

Forgive the bump, wanted to thank you all for patting my back. No one I know, besides my uncles far far away, can even begin to understand why I'm elated. Feels good to let it out here, thank you.

To answer your question about what I'm playing, I'm a total nub. Honest to goodness I do best on acoustic strumming Ani D and Lenny Cohen, but I'm trying my damndest to become an electric player. I'm starting with basic classic rock, walk before running.

Spanish rock, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, PJ Harvey, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, Bowie, and stuff I write. I make up little folky songs and they sound good clean. Mostly chord rock is what I'm doing. As I write this I'm getting red...I feel so unworthy to even have good guitars. Baby steps.

I doesn't matter Izzy how good / mediocre / bad player you are. There is no such thing as ''I dn't deserve my gear'' thing. As long as you love what you're doing and you keep practising, you will get where you want to...

I completely understand the lack of encouragement from those near you. As you said already, that's why forums like this one exist!

Keep rocking girl!

I doesn't matter Izzy how good / mediocre / bad player you are. There is no such thing as ''I dn't deserve my gear'' thing. As long as you love what you're doing and you keep practising' date=' you will get where you want to...

I completely understand the lack of encouragement from those near you. As you said already, that's why forums like this one exist!

Keep rocking girl![/quote']

Well said Hector[thumbup]

Forgive the bump' date=' wanted to thank you all for patting my back. No one I know, besides my uncles far far away, can even begin to understand why I'm elated. Feels good to let it out here, thank you.

To answer your question about what I'm playing, I'm a total nub. Honest to goodness I do best on acoustic strumming Ani D and Lenny Cohen, but I'm trying my damndest to become an electric player. I'm starting with basic classic rock, walk before running.

Spanish rock, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, PJ Harvey, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, Bowie, and stuff I write. I make up little folky songs and they sound good clean. Mostly chord rock is what I'm doing. As I write this I'm getting red...I feel so unworthy to even have good guitars. Baby steps.

[/quote']

That's the best thing you can do. Chords will give you some theory, and you can build off that. Making your own stuff allows for creativity and you gain some understanding as to what goes together and whatnot.

I used to have that thought- my gear was too good for me. But that is rubbish, if you can afford it, get it. A while ago i saw a guitar World magazine and in Kings of Leon, Matthew (I think) plays an Epi Sheraton. I started to think that if he is playing giant sold out shows, recording and all of that, why would I need a 335? But he just likes it or whatever reason, it won't change me from getting my 335 [biggrin]

Go out and have fun

I feel so unworthy to even have good guitars. Baby steps.

That made me laugh' date=' course you're worthy. If you love playing guitar you're worthy. Simple as that. I don't think skill level should have anything to do with worthiness. (I can almost guarentee you're underestimating yourself BTW).

Be confident in your ability. I'm going to quote someone who's got it right.

Confident = sexy

[cool]

Very cool Izz[cool] ........ (don't know how I missed this thread)[biggrin]

Anywhoo' date=' we need a sound demo from ya using your recently acquired Gibson V[biggrin']

and there is another thing...I really want to make a vid or a soundclip demo ma-jiggy and I've no earthly idea where to start. It seems like cameras have crap sound and i don't have recording equipment I don't think. I mean, I know if you plug in straight to the puter you'll suck the soul out of the guitar (which only Trent Reznor can pull off with his awesome studio equip), so I feel like I'd have to mic the amp and I've no mic besides my gamer headset. *tear

Izzy if everything everyone says is true about tube amps....

Just post an alert when you're going to play, turn the damn thing up to 11 and everyone'll hear you..

Hope you enjoy the new toy...Also that is a fine looking SG...

Archived