Gibson Brands Forums

Strap locks for Les Paul

Ren

To remove the Dunlops you PUSH the spring-loaded pin - something that can be done inadvertently.

Hello!

Actually, not that simple. Push the button to relieve the pressure applied by a spring to the three ball-bearings, then pull the pin out of the "socket" of the strap button.

It's not easy to unlock it intentionally, so I wouldn't worry about them coming loose accidentally.

I have them on all my guitars and will install Dunlops on my future guitars too.

Cheers... Bence

+1

These Dunlop locks are secure, simple, and inexpensive.

In the USA: http://elderly.com/accessories/items/SL1S.htm

Hello,

I'm looking for a strap locks for my les paul std. 2012.

I would like to keep the original screws of my gibson if possible.

Anybody tried this? which brand / model?

Thanks

Oscar

Hi Oscar

Schaler strap locks will allow you to use the stock pin screws.

I used these on SGs and Les Pauls I have, and was able to put them on using the stock Gibson screws.

Dunlops will not work with stock screws.

• Upvote 1

Hi again

I don't have a 2012, (a 95 and a 2002, they both look to use identical wood screws)

OTOH , my brother inlaw has a 2012 LP trad. Pro. that he got in November, used the stock screws as well to fasten the shaller pins tot he body.

Toothpick with Elmers/wood glue works great...done about half dozen guitars that way in recent years.

I prefer Dunlops now...as I've found three failure modes with Schallers. 1. nut on straps coming loose. 2. screw on strap button (cut-out end of guitar) coming completely out. 3. strap buttons losing their original shape thru wear to the point that the u-shaped cup no longer holds button secure (but I now know why this happened to my son's LP). Lowsw.jpg

It's next to impossible to accidently push a Dunlop release button while wearing the guitar...IMHO.

• 8 years later...

I see all these jerry-rigged fixes for Schaller strap locks for Gibson Les Paul Re-issue.  Glue?  Toothpics blah blah.  Ridiculous!!!  Schaller should simply make their lock kits with larger screws rather than their 'cheap-***' smaller ones.  Write to Schaller--totally lame that they haven't adapted for this iconic and very popular high end guitar.