Gibson Brands Forums

The Other White Meat.

Lowdown

Well this is a laugh considering the Colonel characterized himself on being a Southern Genteel-man from the South.[biggrin]

Why ban this? What the hell is wrong with this world#-o

Oh the irony...

Cotton Pickin' good here - [YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I originally thought it was a soccer reference when I first saw it and HELLS NO it isn't racist!

First off, that food is perfect for sharing, can't share McDonald's or Taco Bell in the same way.

Also, I've been there, stuck on the side of the opposing team wearing the shirt of my team thinking, "I'mma get killed."

Whole point is, sports are the one place you get to forget race and say, "this is about MY country/city/state!" not about race. Its about skill. You look at fellow soccer fans with love, even if they are rooting for the other side, because you both share the love of the sport.

Sorry, I just felt strongly about that one *cough

I think the ad would not fly in the US. Some people would see it as racist. But Americans may be more sensitive about racism.

It all depends on your perspective. I grew up in Connecticut, where there wasn't alot of racism. Now I live in Tennessee, and there's alot more racism here. It's just different.

:-k

I think the ad would not fly in the US. Some people would see it as racist. But Americans may be more sensitive about racism.

It all depends on your perspective. I grew up in Connecticut' date=' where there wasn't alot of racism. Now I live in Tennessee, and there's alot more racism here. It's just different.

:-k

[/quote']

I'm sort of on the same spot on this one. I don't think it'd get past the American white-guilt thing we have built in to our psyche now. Anything at all that points to racial differences is considered "bad". Even the picture of one lone white face in a crowd of people of color.

As for real racism, in the two years I lived in North Carolina I saw much less overt racism than in the same space of time in San Francisco or southern Oregon. Go figger. :D

American white-guilt thing

Anything at all that points to racial differences is considered "bad".

Yeah' date=' I saw a reference to that on the TV news - I think it's funny.

Every time I've heard the racism/bigotry/hatred card played in the last ten years has been a joke.

We have a new generation indoctrinated to "identify" it everywhere they see it, and they have no clue.

Take it from a man who has some piss-ignorant, alcoholic, wife-beating, white trash in the immediate family.

Listen to these guys talk, you'll get an idea what real, blind, indescriminate hate sounds like....

I never in my life dreamed the whole "political correctness" thing would get so far out of hand.

Mark my words, it will kill us all in the USA.

All because we're too busy being scared of our own shadows to recognize the real evil that lives among us.

Think I'll go get my Blazing Saddles dvd out and watch some real, honest, stereotype-puncturing humor...

[b']"That was close! Darn near lost a $40 hand cart!"[/b]

Great thread title too, sorta veiled.

My kind of humor - gotta work at it a little!

[drool]/

Think I'll go get my Blazing Saddles dvd out and watch some real' date=' honest, stereotype-puncturing humor...

"That was close! Darn near lost a $40 hand cart!"[/quote']

LOL! Oh yeah...more the need for it today than when it first came out. But try to find someone who'll run it unedited.

"Where all the White women at?!" Oh, gawd! LOL!

In Santa Maria, CA the environmentalists are so afraid that the tiger salamander is becoming extinct that the EPA has started mandatory searches on farms and ranches despite the land being privately owned.

So we've taken to calling salamander the other white meat. Yeah, you should see some of the bumper stickers around here.

Salamander, it's what's for dinner.

What goes with Pinot Noir? Salamander.

Salamander, the other white meat.

In Santa Maria' date=' CA the environmentalists are so afraid that the tiger salamander is becoming extinct that the EPA has started mandatory searches on farms and ranches despite the land being privately owned.

So we've taken to calling salamander the other white meat. Yeah, you should see some of the bumper stickers around here.

Salamander, it's what's for dinner.

What goes with Pinot Noir? Salamander.

Salamander, the other white meat.[/quote']

The other white meat in the PNW

Spotted-Owl.jpg

Archived