Gibson Brands Forums

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Californiaman

OK,

The check is in the mail. I can wait a couple more weeks for my new Telecaster, but waiting is "always" the hardest part. I've never bought a guitar over the internet, so this is the first time. I could have put it on the credit card, but I'm old fashion I guess. I like to buy things when I know I have the money to pay for them and writing a check is how I roll. It'll clear right away so I imagine a week or two at the most.

What's the longest you've had to wait for a guitar or amp to be delivered?

LOL! I jump to my keyboard to whine and you've already done it for me. I'm at a point where it probably doesn't make any sense to cancel now that it's been...wait for it...it's been...here it comes...5 WEEKS now!

Congrats, Todd, on the new baby. Based on my own internet purchasing experiences I'm thinking you're gonna be tickled with it.

I'm very patient.

I even told them that if the temperature outside dips below freezing, do no ship it. Wait for a warmer day.

I think Rocky had to wait like six or seven months before he got an amplifier earlier this year.

Be patient Dennis. It'll be there when it gets there. What type of amp are you going to use for the bass?

Congrats CAman...

Hey Cruzn'' date=' jeez did they at least give you an ETA?? [/quote']

Salesman Bill said Ibby Rep says "it WILL be delivered sometime in January". :-

I gotta tell ya, I love my home but we're so damned colloquial up here sometimes it's embarrassing. [confused]

I'm very patient.

I even told them that if the temperature outside dips below freezing' date=' do no ship it. Wait for a warmer day.

I think Rocky had to wait like six or seven months before he got an amplifier earlier this year.

Be patient Dennis. It'll be there when it gets there. What type of amp are you going to use for the bass?[/quote']

Yeah, it's not really a big deal. I'm not gigging or recording and my Schecter keeps me practicing happily. I'm playing through the Bassman 250 2 X 10 now and studying Eden and Hartke systems. I'm going to go ahead and build a small rig...4 X 10 and 1 X 15 or 18 driven by 500 or so. What the heck, I'm not gonna hafta schlep it around, may as well sound *****in'.

1 month and 1 week waiting for a Stratocaster Tremolo assembly, it is made to order but the initial time commitment was 10 business days.

The difference is that this is just an upgrade so I can play my Stratocaster normally in the meantime.

Here it is Surfpup.

I got this off of the Fender sight. Some guy in Florida has a nice matching pair here.

It's clearly Surf Green as opposed to Sea Foam Green. But it's a cool set none-the-less.

Snapshot2010-01-0715-39-40.jpg

That's nice! (I like the 2-12 and 3-10 Vibro King stack better though!) [thumbup]

OK' date='

The check is in the mail. I can wait a couple more weeks for my new Telecaster, but waiting is "always" the hardest part. I've never bought a guitar over the internet, so this is the first time. I could have put it on the credit card, but I'm old fashion I guess. I like to buy things when I know I have the money to pay for them and writing a check is how I roll. It'll clear right away so I imagine a week or two at the most.

What's the longest you've had to wait for a guitar or amp to be delivered?[/quote']

2 weeks for my Gibson

1 1/2 for my Martin

about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for my amp

and I just placed an order for some soldering stuff and RS parts.

Archived