Gibson Brands Forums

Pizza

Californiaman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Pizza I ever had was off a back-street cafe in Naples. A slice of heaven.

Second best was in Menorca, but the pizza cook was Italian - from Naples.

From my limited experience of America's take on Pizza - it has to be New York.

When I want bread I'll eat bread.

When I want pizza I'll have New York.

So have you ever taste a Real french Bread "la baguette".

It's the best bread around the world!

And I prefer real Italian Pizza

On chicago or New york the bugger is good...

So have you ever taste a Real french Bread "la baguette".

It's the best bread around the world!

And I prefer real Italian Pizza

On chicago or New york the bugger is good...

Well bugger me! I think you're onta somethin' there mate.[drool]

Well too many beers and in fast food mood, yes a deep pan American style pizza will do nicely.

Just cheese and tomato with extra jalapeno peppers, chilli sauce and tomatos.[drool]

Nothing beats a lovely Italian base pizza though[cool] Italian food and drink is so damn nice!!

Matt

Well too many beers and in fast food mood' date=' yes a deep pan American style pizza will do nicely.

Just cheese and tomato with extra jalapeno peppers, chilli sauce and tomatos.[drool

Nothing beats a lovely Italian base pizza though[cool] Italian food and drink is so damn nice!!

Matt

Hey there Matty,

change that line for rum & dry and I'm with ya mate.[cool]

Listening to Donovan at the moment - "What's Bin Did and what's Bin Hid". Sounds like an Al Qaeda compilation album.#-o

As a pizza lover; who has eaten it every day since I was 15 (usually make my own) I am glad I don't live in the US

The potions when I have eaten out in the States have been humungus and I fear my will power would be eroded over time. I would turn into a giant human pizza[biggrin]

Matt

Apologies to NeoConMan in advance for my 2nd stupid question this year.

What's the difference between Chicago and New York Pizza?

My vote's NY. Both the flat and the Sicilian.

There's a place near us that makes a (pardon the expression--) white clam pie. It's a round' date=' flat crust with cheese (no tomato sauce) and the white clam sauce. (Like linguini with white clam sauce. Olive oil, garlic and clams 'sauted', some hot red pepper flakes, black pepper and some Italian parsley.)

I like the chicago style once in a while but the UNO pubs around here are not particularly good so...

Chicago pies are thick (lot's of dough). Usually dough then cheese and fillings then sauce on top.

[img']http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/276/18/1191454146-72123_full.jpg[/img]

NY pizza is flat (dough flattened). Sauce on the dough then cheese and toppings.

IMG_1061.78173438_std.JPG

Unless you get Sicilian style pies (thick dough, sauce, then cheese and toppings).

pizza_0001SICILIAN%20PIZZA.jpg

Archived