Gibson Brands Forums

Pizza

Californiaman

I know this is a food thread' date=' but what kind of pups did you get for your Strat?

[/quote']

I got Lace Sensor Blue/Silver/Red pack. It was almost the Hot Golds, but I really wanted that red one, and the Blue sounds very interesting.

Got a good deal, too. $120.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Milod.

I remember being a youngster in the late 70's, my Mom would make Box of Pizza in a square pan. I don't think you can get it anymore, but I used to like it. She'd just put Hamburger on it, nothin' fancy. She made sure we knew it wasn't the Pizza you get at Pizza Joint.

I kinda miss it.

I got Lace Sensor Blue/Silver/Red pack. It was almost the Hot Golds' date=' but I really wanted that red one, and the Blue sounds very interesting.

Got a good deal, too. $120.[/quote']

So are they in yet?

If so,what do you think?

If not...a bit of advice - raise 'em up as high as you can get away with. These have no pull whatsoever and are designed to work at their optimum jacked up.

I bought the exact same set years ago.

Tried 'em in my Strat - fukcing yuck.

Tried 'em in a knockabout Squier - equally yuck.

Tried 'em in a guitar I made after they'd been sitting on the shelf for a year - BINGO! Exactly what I wanted. Put it down to either the body being heavy ash or the pups themselves had aged.[biggrin]

Oh,one more thing to consider...use 500k pots instead of the usual 250k Lace recommends. It's gives 'em a bit more bite as these pups tend to be a little "tame".

Hope they work out for ya.

Now back to PIZZA!...

I voted both. Pizza is one of those perfect foods that you could eat at least 3-5 days out of the week no problem, like a sandwich. Personally, I like to keep it simple about 80% of the time and get just plain ol' cheese pizza, especially when it's NY style.

BTW, I have a red lace sensor in my strat bridge, it gives me the extra punch I was hoping for in that position.

Best Pizza I ever had was off a back-street cafe in Naples. A slice of heaven.

Second best was in Menorca' date=' but the pizza cook was Italian - from Naples.

From my limited experience of America's take on Pizza - it has to be New York.

Ive had some great pizza in Naples also and a few of the sidwalk cafes in Venice do killer Pizza also, Sadly that not at the top of the list for me not because of pizza issues but because by the time you get a pizza Ive spent 30 minutes trying to get a Coke or and other drink with a simple friggin glass of ice. No matter where I'm at in Italy and really all over europe I spend half my dinner trying to get Ice which is usually served to me one piece at a time carried out in a teaspoon. while they explain the drinks are cold and ice will dilute and ruin the drink. don't care just give me the ice and I wont make a big american scene. Just gimme the ice and nobodie gets hurt![biggrin][blink]

• 2 weeks later...
Having grown up in St. Louis' date=' my mother used to love to go to "Dego Hill" for pizza.

My Dad still rants about how good the pizza in St. Louis is.[/quote']

Cool you grew up in St. Louis. I'm a Paisano myself, so I know a little bit about Pizza and "The Hill". Love to go to the deli's and restaurants.

Imo's is my favorite with Cecil Whitacker's running a close second. But my kids like Pappa John's, so I give in to them most of the time. I love Pizza...

Our pizza day is Saturday.

Cool you grew up in St. Louis. I'm a Paisano myself' date=' so I know a little bit about Pizza and "The Hill". Love to go to the deli's and restaurants.

Imo's is my favorite with Cecil Whitacker's running a close second. But my kids like Pappa John's, so I give in to them most of the time. I love Pizza...

Our pizza day is Saturday.[/quote']

Actually Mama grew up in St. Louis. My Aunt and Uncle still live there.

Cain't say. I've never been to New Yawk, and hate driving anywhere east of State route 47 and have never eaten a pizza made in chicargo. I live in a small community which has an even smaller sausage packing plant. The sausage, I'm told all goes to chicargo. Believe me, I've seen what goes into it.

I remember a blind taste test on the Food Network. Three pizzas made exactly alike except for the water in the dough. The water came from three different cities, New York, Chicago, and L.A. The crust made with water from New York won hands down.

My god' date=' man! You have to get off of that stuff!

You have a serious Coke problem! [lol

It's because I hang out in this forum so much probably.

But I guess you could say I do "actually" have a problem with coca cola... I drink at least a liter or two every day :/

Which is fine right now cause I'm a teenager with a metabolism made of steel! Or maybe it's made of graphtech :P

Archived