Gibson Brands Forums

CS-356 - I REALLY COULD USE AN ANSWER!

Trevorroberts

Hi all,

I'm a very very proud owner of a CS-356 in Ebony (black) with a Bigsby.

From the moment I saw it hanging on the wall @ my local guitar store I was in love, and even more so when I played it for the first time. Heck - The more I play it, the more I know I can never play any another electric guitar without

comparing it to my CS-356!

Now here's my question, and I'm really hoping for an answer.

I've seen on the Gibson site that this guitar is available in red, natural, flame/antique burst finishes though I have NOT been able to find a mention/photo/anything of it in an Ebony (black) finish except for on the musicians friend website,

- DOES ANYBODY OWN OR KNOW OF ANYBODY THAT OWNS THIS GUITAR IN EBONY????

I know for certain that this guitar is a genuine Gibson and not a knock off (I checked with Gibson).

The reason I'm asking is because I would love to have an idea of how many were made in an Ebony (black) finish.. GIBSON THEMSELVES (at least the customer service department) can't even tell me!

If anybody has any answers or ideas on whom I could contact specifically to get my answer, It would mean the world to me!

Cheers,

- Trevor Roberts

Hey,Trevorroberts, lucky you found anything on the gibson site. when i was looking there was nothing. congrats. on a great guitar.Maybe it was a special run for the store you got it from. these guitars are not made in big numbers so you got lucky.I also could not get any info from gibson. so your not alone in this venture. Small batches is what they make them in. In a way just be glad you got it and you now have a great playing ,great sounding guitar.(i got a 356, korina,with a quilted maple top).welcome to the club. please post pics.

jamman

Thanks for the message! [thumbup]

Yes, we're BOTH lucky aren't we? I was unsure on how Gibson decided to make an Ebony finished CS-356 but you definitely gave me some insight.

...I'll definitely post some photos once my guitar gets back this week from its intonation adjustment (too scared to do it myself!)

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

- T

Hi , Trevorroberts, the only other thing i can think of is to email the custom shop and see what they have to say. from my own experianes i got no reply at all . so keep asking around the forums and see what responces you get.Maybe you'll have better luck with the custom shop.

jamman

Archived