Gibson Brands Forums

The tuffest man in history has died

jaxson50

Don't believe me?

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-tsutomu-yamaguchi7-2010jan07' date='0,7286220.story

Now that's a tuff man!!!!![/quote']

Yeah. Sad.

But I would also add "humble" to that last sentence.

What I find beautiful about Japan is it's people's sense of being in the scheme of things.

They live in a country that is,since their defeat at the end of end of WW2 up until the present,fundamentally controlled by America(and believe me they despise it)but yet know there place and accept it.

They are totally against(but some would like to see this change...for the worse)war but accepted going to Iraq albeit in an observation,non-military,role as this was expected of them by America.

Their centuries old tradition is slowly but surely being eroded by Western civilities,fashion,culture and the such which is a real tragedy. To see a Geisha is a novelty as they are the only Japanese who dress like that now.

I'm not saying that the future should be halted (who can and should - we'll succeed in wiping ourselves out one day anyway) I'm just trying to say I guess that the past should be respected,but I look around me and don't see too much of that these day's.

Where's the manners gone. The acceptance of others rights,cultures...what happened to a good old fist fight to settle your differences instead of pulling a knife or kicking someone when they're down?

Oh it's a funny old world we're passing on to our children...[drool]

Yeah, my stepmother is Japanese.

My little sister is a mutt.

They've spent alot of time over there in the last 35 years.

Then we look at the USA, and how we're supposed to cast off ALL decency, morals, faith, and responsibility...

Can't flush all that Olde-Fashioned stuffiness too soon here in the Lower 48.

The schools are sickening.

Yeah' date=' my stepmother is Japanese.

My little sister is a mutt.

They've spent alot of time over there in the last 35 years.

Then we look at the USA, and how we're supposed to cast off ALL decency, morals, faith, and responsibility...

Can't flush all that Olde-Fashioned stuffiness too soon here in the Lower 48.

The schools are sickening.[/quote']

It's creeping up on everyone & everywhere mate.

BUT...I blame no one else but ourselves for being sucked in by those who want to dictate to us what we should/shouldn't say.

My saying..."you've got a mouth,use it". Australia is a very young country compared to Japan for eg. yet each time I go there(average of every 2-3 years)I see the cultural degradation and helplessness in the elder's eyes.

Now why the fukc ANYONE should be ashamed of their past or where they came from is beyond me.

Japanese teenagers with their pants dragging 'round their knees!? Not saying they should be wearing Obi's etc. but for a such a proud country,to see it's kids resorting to sad Western faux pas' of showing your underwear?

Sad...[drool]

Archived