Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul custom vs gibson les paul studio

dvir

The value for money for a Gibson is better compared to the epi's.

I think epi's were much better in the 90's, nowayadays are worse. I own a studio, 95 model (which I think is better in quality than a nowadays studio) and all I can say is: save money for a Gibby, it will be worth.

Hope this helped, I'm italian and sometimes can't express myself in the right way in english [cool]

Basically -

Epiphone is a Gibson Guitar Corporation (GGC) company and the corporations "B" line by design - value based instruments with multi piece bodies of cheaper grade woods, thin figured veneers, and less expensive electronics. They are good guitars for the cost and therefore a good value.

Gibson guitars are the GGC "A" line made with select woods, one or two piece bodies, select electronics and reportedly fine craftsmanship. The LP Studio is an LP without the "bling", kind of a "players" model - most Studio models are without binding or expensive inlays, etc., but they are still Gibson LPs.

Skip the rot about worse now, better then etc. Every guitar must be evaluated on it's own merits. You can find great ones, and terrible ones from any era by either company. So, get out there and try some out and make your choices based on what you like.

bought a Epi LP Stud copy for my kid as he was starting to learn to play, and stick with it. he did, so awhile back he graduated to a gently used Gibby LP Stud and has not looked back.

So while I think the Epis are good learner guitars that do not require a huge investment--important when someone starts out unsure--the Gibsons are just plain better sounding and built instruments. I recently bought a Gib Studio and was quite impressed with not just the sound quality, but the BQ compared to Epis.

No brainer! Gibson! [biggrin]

I don't know how the used situation is in Yaud, but a gently used Gibson studio can be had for around 600. USD.

I have had a few studios and they are great guitars, but as was mentioned you should really play them before you buy.

As far as performing with them they are work horses and hold up very well, just remember to wipe them down after playing, it prevents buildup of oils in your skin and protects the finsh on the body, neck and pups.

Hope we've been helpful good luck finding your guitar.

I don't know how the used situation is in Yaud' date=' but a gently used Gibson studio can be had for around 600. USD.

I have had a few studios and they are great guitars, but as was mentioned you should really play them before you buy.

As far as performing with them they are work horses and hold up very well, just remember to wipe them down after playing, it prevents buildup of oils in your skin and protects the finsh on the body, neck and pups.

Hope we've been helpful good luck finding your guitar.[/quote']

what do you think is better the les paul standard or the studio. thank you

I can performance with the les paul studio right?

Performance with les paul you must!

In regards to your question' date=' Studios are great guitars, no frills attitude, but the standard has different pickups, different finish, so you have to decide what you want to go for and what your budget is....

Okay, I'll bite: Where the hell is yaud??? [thumbup

but in youre picture i see les paul standart

Thats an ES 339.

The LP Studio is a great guitar. It does the same things an LP standard can do, except it doesn't have binding the white edge that is.

If you can perform with a Standard you can perform with a Studio.

Thats an ES 339.

The LP Studio is a great guitar. It does the same things an LP standard can do' date=' except it doesn't have binding the white edge that is.

If you can perform with a Standard you can perform with a Studio.[/quote']

thank you guys

Archived