Gibson Brands Forums

SG Custom ?

Laaz

Has Gibson ever made a SG custom with just two pickups ? Jerry has one in this video which looks like a 61. Maybe just a endorsement guitar ? I like the look, would be really nice if Gibson did a run of these.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Of course they have 2-pup Customs.

Really ? So you can buy a SG custom with the split diamond inlay on the headstock & Les Paul Custom on the truss rod cover ? I have never been able to find one with two pups, just the three pup configuration. Any photos ?

Really ? So you can buy a SG custom with the split diamond inlay on the headstock & Les Paul Custom on the truss rod cover ? I have never been able to find one with two pups' date=' just the three pup configuration. Any photos ?[/quote']

Back in the mid-70's, I had a 2 pickup Custom. It was a '61 or '62, white,with gold plated hardware,and screamed like a banshee. When I got it, it had a black pickguard, which was unusual, so I had a white one made for it. These guitars were often referred to as "Mary Ford" SG's because she was always seen playing them, or pictured on albums & promos with them. That's one of the ones I always wished hadn't gotten away.

Nice. Do they make them with stop bar instead of trem. Might have to make one. I'm looking for a black one with black 3 ply pickguard and stop tail. Gold or nickle hardware would do.

2008 Custom Shop '61 Les Paul Custom.

Two pickups' date=' nickel hardware, Maestro...

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/sg/sgc01.jpg[/img]

sgc14.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived