Gibson Brands Forums

Wrong Grovers

jnastynebr

For 2007 Standard with Gibson Deluxe tuners:

Ordered Original Locking Rotomatics (106G) 18:1 gear ratio/ hole size .391, and they don't fit (too big). Bought them off Amazon from a shop in OH. Talked with the guy on the phone, and he assured me that that was what I needed [confused]

Any how, I need to make sure that I get the correct size this time. Peeped out some blogs, but no one seemed to have the exact hole size for a 07 Standard. Thanks.

I bought the Gibson tulip tuners (made by Grover for Gibson) and ran into the same problem. I took it to my tech and he bore the right size hole to fit the new tuners.

Stew Mac sells special bushings if you ever decide to go back to the Gibson Deluxe ones.

For 2007 Standard with Gibson Deluxe tuners:

Ordered Original Locking Rotomatics (106G) 18:1 gear ratio/ hole size .391' date=' and they don't fit (too big). Bought them off Amazon from a shop in OH. Talked with the guy on the phone, and he assured me that that was what I needed [blink

Any how, I need to make sure that I get the correct size this time. Peeped out some blogs, but no one seemed to have the exact hole size for a 07 Standard. Thanks.

Common problem.

Tulips are as stated 8.79 mm(screw your imperial) - http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Kluson_Waffleback_Guitar_Machines/Kluson_Waffleback_Guitar_Machines_with_Keystone_Knob.html?tab=Specs#details

Grovers are 11.18mm - http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Kluson_Waffleback_Guitar_Machines/Kluson_Waffleback_Guitar_Machines_with_Keystone_Knob.html?tab=Specs#details

As you can see...there's a bit of difference.[wink]

NEVER trust the majority of the online sellers as they don't have a clue most of the and ultimately just want your bikkies. So now ya know.#-o

Ask here first - we'll help ya out.[biggrin]

Archived