Gibson Brands Forums

Johnny A

bluenote

Recently I discovered the amazing talent of Johnny A. I would not have known about him without finding the Johnny A signature guitar (a real beauty) on the Gibson site. What a great sound this man (and his band) creates! I haven't seen this kind of playing for a very long time. I think that maybe when he was a kid h must have listened to the likes of Duane Eddy and Chet Atkins. I see that he is a kind of contemporary version of them. I love his tunes like "Hip Bone" and others like his version of "The Wind Cries Mary"

For those who haven't had the listening pleasure just check out Johnny A on YouTube!

• 1 year later...

Recently I discovered the amazing talent of Johnny A. I would not have known about him without finding the Johnny A signature guitar (a real beauty) on the Gibson site. What a great sound this man (and his band) creates! I haven't seen this kind of playing for a very long time. I think that maybe when he was a kid h must have listened to the likes of Duane Eddy and Chet Atkins. I see that he is a kind of contemporary version of them. I love his tunes like "Hip Bone" and others like his version of "The Wind Cries Mary"

For those who haven't had the listening pleasure just check out Johnny A on YouTube!

Actually he was into groups like Yes and King Crimson...

• 8 months later...

Archived