Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Stands

KL

Most guitar stands are cheap nasty things with rubber than can damage the finish on your guitars and that wear out pretty quickly. The only time I use stands is at gigs, but I wondered if anyone has, or knows of, a really good quality stand that does not damage your guitars. Thanks.

Thanks, I googled Hercules. They still look like they are covered with that sort of rubber that wears out really easliy (and can cause discolouration of your guitar) but I will check them out properly.

I like his choice in beer too.

Bad spot if you crank the amp though, tubes make it warm faster...

100_0522.jpg

I've heard lotsa people swear by the Hercules stands but I wouldn't recommend 'em myself.

Petroleum-based rubber + nitro cellulose lacquer = Heartbreak.

I don't care what their sales literature or website tells ya.

I been lied to before.

100% cotton.

100% of the time.

Petroleum-based rubber + nitro cellulose lacquer = Heartbreak.

Yaaaa on that ! My brand new LP has had a "strip" of nitro missing across the middle of the neck for 20+ yrs now, thanks to justa few days on a cheap stand.

Live & Learn.........I WISH

A cpl yrs ago I was dumb enough (again) to use a wallhanger that cradled my Flying-Vs headstock.........result: a missing strip on the underside (both sides) of the headstock.

The cotton thing is a good idea, but it's just surprising that no one manufactures a stand that is fit for purpose and ready to go.

Axe . . . what colour is your guitar . . . I think that colour seeping into the finish is less noticeable on dark guitars. If you have a white guitar, or another light colour I think that the signs of damage are easier to see.

Both Hercules and Ultimate claim they are "finish safe" and I have both. Both still have cotton wrapped around the contact points...

Ultimate Stands : Ultimate Stands

Hercules Stands : Hercules Stands

HERCULES stands are made in our ISO9001 certified facility located in Tianjin, China, so you can trust our facilities and conditions to be First-World.

Probably as safe as the childrens toys they ship here from China... #-o

I can't make out the brand' date=' but me thinks it's a Bud.[/quote']

Gotta get used to the blurry vision.

It's sort of a conditioning thing - like an athlete does.

When you can recognize your favorite brand in a state of greatly diminished consciousness, you're good!

Archived