Gibson Brands Forums

Problem with Gibson Les Paul 60´s Standard warranty defective

Luis

Good evening. My name is Luis I´m from Vigo (pontevedra) Spain. On February 2008 I bought a 60`s Gibson Les Paul standard I was very happy with it, but last December I observed the binding was cracked in multiple sites and the vener of maple top was cracked all along 2 or 3 centimeters from the rear strap anchorage. On 19th December I carried it to the store where I bought it, and they send it to Madrid. Well 3 weeks later, the guitar seller told me that they did´t know anything about the guitar, because the person on charge is on hollidays. I work as air conditioner service support and I can´t leave our clients without service about my vacation, such as if you?. I´m very discontent, and disspainted about your treat to me. And I´d like to know what will you do as the warranty expires on February 2010?. I´m owner of a Gibson Melody maker, and Fender Telecaster and these 2 didn´t presentany vener problem. Please, excuse me for my bad english, and please contact me as soon as posible on this e-mail or telephone 645992312. I hope not dissapoint me because you sold me a defective guitar. Thanks. Regards, Luis Bouzas.

a 60's original or a newer one with a 60's neck?, also why did he send it to madrid when gibson is in nashville (america)? did you buy it from a authorised gibson dealer? i cant believe the guy who works there knows nothing about it...sounds dodgy to me...if the shop is official then they will offer you a replacement.

Hello it´s a newer one with 60´s neck the shop isn´t a official gibson shop, but is an authorized dealer. I hope Gibson will response. I wrote them to the europe service, but i have no notice of them, simply painful. Otherwise the guitar sounds great. Thanks steve.

Its not a veneer by the way. Its a flamed maple top.

I doubt Gibson will do anything' date=' as they do not cover, finish checking due to climate, and wear and tear damage..

Still. Email them and see what they say.[/quote']

Give me a break. Why would you say that? You know this for a fact?

Since when did you become an expert on Gibson customer service issues? The guy is obviously worried about his new guitar. He doesn’t need you—who has no experience with this issue--to weigh in on what Gibson customer service does and does not cover.

Whoa! dude' date=' like most replies here generally, I am stating what is said by the manufacturer. I didn't mean it any other way, simply because I came to the forums, the same way this guy did. No offense was meant.

Since when did you become an expert on Gibson customer service issues? The guy is obviously worried about his new guitar. He doesn’t need you—who has no experience with this issue--to weigh in on what Gibson customer service does and does not cover.

And, I never said that they wouldn't do anything. If your read what I said, I said I DOUBT they will do anything. There is still a possibility.

And it is quite plainly stated here about finishing

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

Any instrument that has been subjected to extremes of humidity or temperature

Normal wear and tear (i.e., worn frets, worn machine heads, worn plating, string replacement, scratched pickguards, or damages to or discoloration of the instrument finish for any reason).

Any instrument that has been purchased from an unauthorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair or service has been performed.

Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.

Taken from here: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Support/WarrantyRegistration/GibsonUSAWarranty/

And Blue, from experience, when my finished cracked or checked under the pickguard, by the screw, in February 09, received in March 08,

I called CS and they quite plainly said, no, they don't cover that. Especially since it didn't come to me like that.

If anything, Luis has a better chance at receiving help from the shop where he bought it, than Gibson.

Hey Luis bienvenido este es un foro de dueños de Gibsons y no realmente servicio por parte de Gibson.

Este foro tiene una seccion para España' date=' tal vez los usuarios ahi te pueden dar una mejor idea de como tratar de hacer valida la garantia en Europa.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=35[/quote']

Yea, what StiffHand said... I think.

+1

Hey Luis bienvenido este es un foro de dueños de Gibsons y no realmente servicio por parte de Gibson.

Este foro tiene una seccion para España' date=' tal vez los usuarios ahi te pueden dar una mejor idea de como tratar de hacer valida la garantia en Europa.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=35[/quote']

Showoff! [-(

Too much coffee, Blue?

Too much coffee' date=' Blue?

[/quote']

maybe. More like over-exposure to too many Gibson "experts." I would hate to think of the op sitting at home and thinking he is stuck with a defective finish because of something he read here.

Archived