Gibson Brands Forums

Damn- got ideas?

Andre S

How much has Gore made off this so far?

Over a hundred million was the last I heard.

Being a public servant only pays so much ya know.

No matter how long you've done it, or your Daddy did it, or how many investments you made from the Senate....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here' date=' if you want to base it on facts try this website: http://icecap.us/index.php

This could be the basis for a story about the NOAA/NASA scientists cooking the data: http://icecap.us/images/uploads/BOMBSHELL.pdf [/quote']

Yeah, and then all the scientists on the project start turning into Killer Vegetables.

How much has Gore made off this so far?

Over a hundred million was the last I heard.

Being a public servant only pays so much ya know.

No matter how long you've done it' date=' or your Daddy did it, or how many investments you made from the Senate....[/quote']

Not just Gore, the head of the UN Commission on "Climate Change" has no science background (his PhD is in economics/business) and he's making millions investing in cap and trade businesses (seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest)

I think you first have to determine who your audience is.

If you have a tree hugging teacher DO NOT antagonize this teacher by writing about anything that isn't a happy panda and evil men devouring resources and polluting.

If your teacher is intelligent, has a sense of humor and is open-minded maybe this is what I'd do:

Enter the The Great Destroyer, an antihero who hops from planet to planet swirling ecosystem after ecosystem to arrange and re-arrange life therein. It amuses itself by forcing species to adapt and evolve. It visits planets every hundreds or thousands of years to check up on progress...you too would get bored living eternally with infinite powers.

On a visit to earth he comes across mankind, a fragile, insipid race of mammals that fancies itself superior. Mankind's ONE redeeming quality is their ability to destroy everything they touch. In this, the pathetic mammals are much like the Great Destroyer. Feeling pity for lesser narcissist, the formidable alien leaves earth in the hands of man.

At the end of the story, a hyperthermophile is peacefully carrying on the banks of an erupting hot spring while the amorphous alien smiles in glee.

If your teacher has a sense of humor and is willing to take different perspectives on the matter do anything you like as long as its inventive. Know your audience and follow guidelines.

If you have a tree hugging teacher DO NOT antagonize this teacher by writing about anything that isn't a happy panda and evil men devouring resources and polluting.

If your teacher is intelligent' date=' has a sense of humor and is open-minded maybe this is what I'd do:

Enter the The Great Destroyer, an antihero who hops from planet to planet swirling ecosystem after ecosystem to arrange and re-arrange life therein. It amuses itself by forcing species to adapt and evolve. It visits planets every hundreds or thousands of years to check up on progress...you too would get bored living eternally with infinite powers.

On a visit to earth he comes across mankind, a fragile, insipid race of mammals that fancies itself superior. Mankind's ONE redeeming quality is their ability to destroy everything they touch. In this, the pathetic mammals are much like the Great Destroyer. Feeling pity for lesser narcissist, the formidable alien leaves earth in the hands of man.

At the end of the story, a hyperthermophile is peacefully carrying on the banks of an erupting hot spring while the amorphous alien smiles in glee.

If your teacher has a sense of humor and is willing to take different perspectives on the matter do anything you like as long as its inventive. Know your audience and follow guidelines.[/quote']

Epic, way to make it to easy for him Izzy [lol] ;P.

Never back down on your opinion because of what someone else believes. You shouldn't be writing to please people, you should be writing to make a point. Which paper do you think your teacher will remember more, the generic "global warming is bad" message, or the one that challenges his/her thoughts?

If your teacher is intelligent' date=' has a sense of humor and is open-minded maybe this is what I'd do:

If your teacher has a sense of humor and is willing to take different perspectives on the matter do anything you like as long as its inventive. Know your audience and follow guidelines.[/quote']

...whoa..thats an awesome story!

But I already finished mine. I did a dramatic piece instead, we got permission from the teacher.

Thanks anyway Izzy!

Never back down on your opinion because of what someone else believes. You shouldn't be writing to please people' date=' you should be writing to make a point. Which paper do you think your teacher will remember more, the generic "global warming is bad" message, or the one that challenges his/her thoughts?

[/quote']

Depends on the teacher, obviously.

One teacher may like the generic story, another may be more open minded.

If you're willing to sacrifice your grades or income by antagonizing a humorless power head, someone who can affect your grades, your GPA, your paycheck...go for it.

Me and the smart people will be here collecting $, making A's and getting promoted while the insurgents are crushed and scattered, I mean fired and disciplined...lalalalalalalalalala

I'm way my past my post-adolescent idealistic phase.

Its all business in grad school and in the REAL world.

...whoa..thats an awesome story!

But I already finished mine. I did a dramatic piece instead' date=' we got permission from the teacher.

Thanks anyway Izzy![/quote']

Glad you got it done, it was fun to think something up all the same ^^V

Unfortunatley, sometimes you gotta kiss *** to make a living. If you dont know that well you're more than likley screwed.

Me and the smart people will be here collecting $' date=' making A's and getting promoted while the insurgents are crushed and scattered, I mean fired and disciplined...lalalalalalalalalala[/quote']

ROFL, truth

Depends on the teacher' date=' obviously.

One teacher may like the generic story, another may be more open minded.

If you're willing to sacrifice your grades or income by antagonizing a [b']humorless[/b] power head, someone who can affect your grades, your GPA, your paycheck...go for it.

Me and the smart people will be here collecting $, making A's and getting promoted while the insurgents are crushed and scattered, I mean fired and disciplined...lalalalalalalalalala

And where do you draw the line? How much would you keep quiet about? It's easy to give in. If you can't even stand up to your teacher on a homework assignment, you're in for a life of getting pushed around. As long as you're polite in the way you present your opinion, the teacher cannot lower your grade, GPA, or paycheck for the assignment. You might as well make a point, if it's what you believe in.

Unfortunatley' date=' sometimes you gotta kiss *** to make a living. If you dont know that well you're more than likley screwed.

[/quote']

Go on kissing that ***. Money's all that matters, so why not sell your soul?

Go on kissing that ***. Money's all that matters' date=' so why not sell your soul?[/quote']

I'm not selling my soul, if I live a comfortable living and am not living on the streets people will listen to me moreso than they would a bum. I still have ideals you self-righteous moron.

I'm not selling my soul' date=' if I live a comfortable living and am not living on the streets people will listen to me moreso than they would a bum. I still have ideals you self-rightoeus moron.[/quote']

You might be surprised, it's not a choice between Bum and ***-Kisser.

I'm not selling my soul' date=' if I live a comfortable living and am not living on the streets people will listen to me moreso than they would a bum. I still have ideals you self-rightoeus moron.[/quote']

Nice. Way to start off with an insult.

Was Martin Luther King a bum? Was Ghandi? Were the founding fathers of America? Think about what you're saying! If you hide your opinions, you will be stepped on and pushed aside. If you refuse to stand up for something as simple as a homework assignment, what will you stand up for?

Kissing *** to make a living...Just for kicks, I'd like to ask what you know about making a living.

By the way, it's spelled self-righteous

Look, everybody is entitled to their own opinions about how they live their life.

Whats the point of freespeech if everyone is trying to push their views on others?

Relax people...Visit Fred's blow off some steam thread.

I was pushing a little Shakespeare.

I'm cool with the Shakespeare and I'm cool with people being idealistic.

I believe in balance. For the record, I don't get pushed around. People who suck up and climb up ladders generally deal blows while people who fight wind up starving and getting shot.

I'm not one to fight the establishment, but I don't do anything I find morally objectionable either.

I refuse, as a nurse, to give chemotherapy because it is against my morals to poison children, that is WAY ballsier than writing a paper on ideals that are meaningless unless put into action. I can do nothing with easy words, may as well use them to gain power and actually make a difference.

Archived