Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

The Gibson Acoustics forum is now complete


Recommended Posts

Indeed the mouth sounds are called eefing. Music made by slapping one's body, usually leg and torso is called Hambone.


Speaking of bones. Anyone want to hazzard a guess as to what Roy's lyrics

"You ought to see Deacon Jones when he rattles his bones"

refers to?


That's Right, Decaon Jones is playing an instrument only slightly more sophisticated, and therefore more expensive, than hamboning; Bones. Two beef rib bones held on one hand and clacked together to the music like a tambourine. There are a few tutorials on YouTube for learning to play bones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...