Gibson Brands Forums

Is this the new thought process ?

Laaz

Add my DITTO to the conversation. In the past when companies sold Les Paul copies at least they put their own name on it. I saw a nice white SG at a large guitar show for a very low price. At first glance I thought it was real but, the color was a bit brighter white than any of the real ones I've owned. Sure enough it was a fake. I think the police should confiscate them from sellers which would slow down the demand. Also, Gibson spent alot of energy going after the PRS single-cut which would never be mistaken for a Gibson. They need to come down hard right now on counterfeits before they have completely flooded the market.

Fraud is Fraud anyway you look at it. By the way, I'm a retired Certified Fraud Examiner and Gibson lover so this really burns me up !

I doubt this is the new trend. The idea behind counterfeiting is to make a realistic copy, then get close to market value for your fake product... NOT to let everyone know it's a fake and get $20.

From my viewpoint, this guy has been caught in the middle and he's not trying to rip anyone off. He's clearly indicated in several places that this guitar is a fake, so no one should be duped into paying top dollar.

Is it illegal to resell a fake the way this guy is? I don't really know I guess.

Take him to the Amazon, find a nice tree stump next to the water.

Nail his scrotum to the tree stump and push him over backwards into the water.

Piranhas will take it from there...

Take a quick digital pic of the sack still nailed to the stump for 'Public Relations' reasons.

Leave it for the natives to do with it as they please...

Take him to the Amazon' date=' find a nice tree stump next to the water.

Take a quick digital pic of the sack still nailed to the stump for 'Public Relations' reasons.

Leave it for the natives to do with it as they please...[/quote']

Isn't that alittle harsh. I think jail would be just fine.

Faking/Counterfeiting = the same thing and is an attempt to pass a cheap knock off as the expensive original article. It's generally illegal to sell or handle these. Copying is not illegal provided there is no attempt to pass it off as the original bone fide article. However, patent /rights owners are entitled to protect their product/name which is why the Epiphone Les Paul is an authorised copy and other manufacturers have to alter the shape and can't use the name 'Les Paul'.

Take him to the Amazon' date=' find a nice tree stump next to the water.

[/quote']

We could also harvest his fat and sell it... buy some reissues with some of the money and use the rest to buy beer for the forum regulars [scared]

Although I can't say I agree with the whole counterfeit idea, my hat is off to the fellow for advising potential buyers that it is a fake. Or wait...maybe he just included that to prevent Roscoe P Coltrane from busting his sorry cornhole. I know I can say with certainty that if I had seen those pictures without the text I couldn't tell that it was a fake. I also can tell you that I passed grade two and would wonder why it was only 99 cents.

shred_bringer & I would have been in a bidding war. My max would be $5 though. I would dress up on Halloween like Paul Stanley...actually no...it wouldn't even have to be Halloween, and I would smash that mofo to smithereens. After I wore the fretboard out first...

Isn't that alittle harsh. I think jail would be just fine.

A thread about a very serious problem affecting guitar players' date=' consumers of all products, economies the world over, the rule of law, and simple respect for your fellow man - and all you got is taking a shot at me?

[crying[rolleyes]

There may have possibly been a bit of veiled humor contained within my post - doesn't matter.

You do it your way, I'll do it mine.

(Like I'm in the Amazon regularly....)

[wink]

Just remember this next time you do something ill-advised, stupid, or illegal;

Don't get caught by any of the millions of people who think like I do, eh?

[wink]/

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-EVO-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=519865

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC401-w-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar?sku=476286

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Artist-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Singlecut-Trem-Electric-Guitar?sku=515828

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Solo6-Vintage-Limited-Gold-Electric-Guitar?sku=583256

All copies. All with the correct name. Most more expensive than the counterfeit ones.

Putting Gibson's name on those counterfeit guitars is excedingly stupid, given the money they could make selling them as a legitimate brand (given their $300-$350 price range.)

I'm ok with thinning that particular DNA from the gene pool, I think.

Archived