Gibson Brands Forums

I'm getting this message everytime I try to post or view some threads

Thundergod

The website "forums.gibson.com" has elements or links from "forum.uncoverreality.com" which apears to be host to malicious software, spyware, or viruses.

Or something like that... I get it in spanish (don't know why, I have my computer set to english, must be the time zone).

This morning it happened only on Cali-man's thread but now it happens almost every time I enter a thread, and if it doesn't happen then, then it happens when I try to post a reply.

Rich... I cannot enter that link (I think that one's the crunz is the virus thread) I was able to enter it when it was posted' date=' now I can't.[/quote']

Sorry about that. Here's a repost of what I wrote:

It's not your computer' date=' Cruzn. It's the image in your signature as it's hosted on a web site that is flagged:

http://forum.uncoverreality.com/

Either save the image locally then upload it to some other site and relink to the new location in your sig or get rid of it altogether.[/quote']

By the way' date=' nobody who is getting the warning message is getting a virus, you're just getting... a warning message. Firefox and Chrome have that system built in and check against a list of web sites that have been flagged as being malicious so that's the just the browser's way of keeping you safe. I don't know if Internet Explorer has the same thing built in or not but, either way, you should be fine as that little animated gif in Cruzn's sig can't hurt you.[/quote']

Archived