Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Love

deepblue

I missed the boat fellas.

There was a thread not too long ago asking us to post our Stratocasters.

All of mine were still on the camera.....better late then never right?

The Charvel is basically a Hot Rod Strat! lol

The SRV sounds great and plays sweet

The white Strat is basically custom made to my desires and sounds more in the SRV vein than

my SRV replica. Beautiful guitar. Its the guitar Fender SHOULD make.

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my 87 American Standard, I replaced the 2 point pivot tremolo with a Callaham vintage trem. The pickups are also replaced with Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. Got some flame on the neck, but nothing like deepblue's.

I bought it new in 87 and it's total workhorse.

s3.jpg

s5.jpg

s4.jpg

Well' date=' it's been here, before...but...this was my First (ever) Electric Guitar, which I still own...

bought new, for my 14th Birthday, in 1964! Yeah, I'm OLD...LOL!

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/DSC_0022.jpg[/img]

1964 "L" series Stratocaster, in 3-color Sunburst.

CB

zomg, that is just gorgeous.

good thing you kept it all this time.

Top to bottom:

2001 American Standard Stratocaster

1989 Strat Plus

1995 62 Jaguar Reissue

FM-62SCE

Fenders.jpg

charlie brown' date=' I am green with envy :-# [/quote']

Ive played the Strat Plus and i think its one of the best Strat models out there....though they dont exsit anymore.

Post a demo! [cool]

Ive played the Strat Plus and i think its one of the best Strat models out there....though they dont exsit anymore.

Post a demo! [cool]

Agreed. It was THE best standard line guitar Fender offered. It has all the best components IMO. They manufactured them from 1987-1999 or 2000 I think. Why they stopped? I don't know but I have been watching them almost daily on ebay for the last 7 years. Prices going up and they are harder to come by. Mine will most likely be buried w/ me or burned w/ me. I would sooner sell a kidney before I'd sell that guitar.

What song would you have me play in a demo? :-#

Agreed. It was THE best standard line guitar Fender offered. It has all the best components IMO. They manufactured them from 1987-1999 or 2000 I think. Why they stopped? I don't know but I have been watching them almost daily on ebay for the last 7 years. Prices going up and they are harder to come by. Mine will most likely be buried w/ me or burned w/ me. I would sooner sell a kidney before I'd sell that guitar.

What song would you have me play in a demo? [cool]

Play....uhh..

Stairway? Nah

Whatever song you want.

Man I never thought I'd say it... but I've really been gassing for a Tele lately. I should go try a couple out.

Everyone really has G.A.S for a tele once in a while. Its one of those must own guitars in a collection like a les paul or semi hollow body.

Archived