Gibson Brands Forums

what radio do you listen to?

KPIG out of Santa Cruz, CA

ESPN sports radio. Love Dan Patrick and Jim Rome.

KLOVE best thing this side of heaven. Kids love it too.

I stopped listening to most popular radio a couple of years ago because it got to be the same ol' stuff over and over again.

I mean it. I grew up listening to it for 30 years. Not saying that it doesn't have it's place and time, but not on my dial anytime soon.

I rarely listen to the radio, but when I do it's generally the "number two" classic rock station... the "number one" plays the hit singles, the other one plays some of the lesser-known songs along with the big ones. They do a lot of non-standard stuff, like live or acoustic recordings, instead of just the studio material.

Sirius satellite.

In the car - Nine times out of ten it's Howard Stern.

At work - Usually Classic Vinyl (classic rock) but sometimes Boneyard (older metal like Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc.), Hair Nation (hair metal from the 80's), BB King Blues (blues), Underground Garage (eclectic rock), the 60's or 70's station, reggae station or, which is unusual for me, Willie Nelson's country station which is old, rustic country and, occasionally, Outlaw Country (some sort of country that appeals to me).

Depends on what day of the week your talking about, during the week I bounce between sports talk stuff and classic rock or if I'm driving I listen to NPR FM classical, keeps me calm. On Saturday if I'm not watching football I'm listening to

NPR, I love Mountain Stage, if you have never listened to it you missing some great music your not likely to hear anywhere else, and it's live. If you like you can listen online;

http://mountainstage.org/

I try to Listen to the Local Classical Station when I get the chance, very relaxing and cool in it's own sort of way.

I listen to Rob, Artie and Dawn in the morning on 98.5 in Sacramento, they are your main stream rock station.

Boneyard on Sirius is cool though...

Depends on my mood.........usually CD's, but when I listen to radio @ work, or in my car going to & from work it's either one of our 5 or so Classic Rock stations, or our "New Country" station, or Classic Country.

It all depends on my mood, and whats programmed on the stations @ the time.

For music it's 88.7 WLUW out of Chicago. Independent community radio.

For talk it's 820 AM WCPT. They have this locale show on Sundays called Family Values with an Oy Vey.

For everything else, especially news, it's the NPR station - 91.5 WBEZ. Saturday mornings they have Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and Sound Opinions.

I do not listen to the radio. I just plug in my iPod with the music I want to hear' date=' not the music corporate America wants me to hear.[/quote']

I guess I should also mention that the eldest son has a Zune and a radio tranmitter thingy. When he is in the car, I set the radio to certain unused frequencies and he broadcasts tunes from his Zune. Fortunately, he has excellent taste in music :D .

Sorry... please continue with the thread.... [biggrin]

Driving around town, and at home, it is NPR, PRI, Community Radio, college stations, etc. We have a very good and varied selection of these type stations here, low on the FM dial. I got fed up with commercial radio years ago, and I'm way too cheap for any type of subscription service.

On road trips I have found that comedy CD's help keep me awake and alert. It's pretty hard to get drowsy when your laughing your butt off to Eddie Murphy or George Carlin.

Archived