Gibson Brands Forums

Pick guard cleaner ?

Laaz

How scratched your pickguard gets varies greatly with your playing technique. Mine (on my acoustics) get quite marked with time. I just live with it, as I'm using it for the purpose it was designed for. I know when you get a brand new beautiful guitar it's not nice when it gets marked, but at the end of the day it was made primarily to be played. Some of my older guitars have honest playing wear and dings etc that I don't even notice anymore. I think when you get a nice new guitar and you mark it for the first time it's really irritating, but as long as the structure is intact don't worry about it . . . . worry about the SOUND!! Having said that I do have a couple of guitars that I keep at home and don't take them to gigs etc, and when I use them in the studio I am really careful to put them in their cases etc when I've finished recording.

:-

Man it's just gonna get scratched again...

Yeah I know... I guess I need to get some spares. The Les Paul & Strat you can get new without a problem, but the Explorer guards are a different story. I'll have to experiment with a few things and see how they come out. Never though about car polish... Thanks for the tip

Archived