Gibson Brands Forums

2009 Les Paul Traditional - flamed back and sides?

bullet22

Hello again.

I'm sharking around for a new (er, or old) Les Paul.

I've seen this one - I really like the look of it (I've bought Les Pauls off eBay before with no problems, too).

Les Paul Traditional "with flamed back and sides"

I think the flamed back and sides is just a side-effect of the construction - it does give it something special.

Is this little quirk likely to prove a plus or negative on its future re-sale value though?

She's a beauty..... That's for sure.

Its a nice looking guitar but the price seems a little steep....no?

It's actually not too bad for the UK.

New Traditionals are going for around £1,600 here, similar for ones on eBay advertised 'as new'.

He's lowered the price by £50 since the listing began.

I'm in no rush - problem with 'Buy it now' items is you can't just keep an eye on what they're doing - they just sell or don't sell.

Christ, one partial slight bit of flame on one side of the guitar does not count as "Flamed Back & Sides". And apparently Traditionals now come with an Asymmetrical Neck, which is news to me.

There's nicer LPs out there, although that one is quite nice for the price, considering that it's stamped Jan' 09, tested Mid Feb' and then probably shipped to Gibson Europe and then into a Dealer by about April, it's about 6 used months old.

How do you get flame on the back and sides? You get the flame from Maple' date=' not Mahogany.

Its a nice looking guitar but the price seems a little steep....no?[/quote']

Not true, there is some flamed mahogany out there. Not much though, it seems fairly rare. My 06 Studio Premium Plus has a flamed mahogany neck and headstock.

100_2452.jpg

100_2451.jpg

Guess I should show the front too.

100_2436.jpg

Archived