Gibson Brands Forums

Is it me?

deepblue

Heres a task for you fine people. I want to see if this is a global problem.

The next time you purchase milk in the plastic bag ( 3 bags of milk in 1 larger bag)

Smell your hands after putting it into your shopping cart.

*YUCK*

To me it smells like rotten cheese, or dirty feet...you choose.

I dont know how this smell gets onto the bag, but no matter what store I use its always

the same...that horrid stench on my hands that makes me break out the hand sanitizer.

Its no secret that most germs and bacteria in a Supermarket are on the handle of the carts,

due to peoples grubby hands, but imagine adding this other strain of filth into the mix!

I think im turning into a germ freak! :D

879736-Milk_in_bags_instead_of_bott.jpg

First I've seen of milk in bags. I ALWAYS wipe the handles of the carts with sani-wipes, and leave it there while I'm pushing it around. And I always cleanse my hands after leaving the checker. I don't think you're being overly-sensitive about your health, not at all. I damn near won't even go to our public libraries anymore due to health concerns.

Yeah O.O

Milk in a bag...RADICAL!

I will smell my hands after buying a milk jug though' date=' just for you, deep. ^^V[/quote']

Izzy youre the best!....I was thinking after my post that maybe milk in bags is a Canadian thing.

Timbo...I aim to please, and im glad im not the only one whos noticed this stinky problem.

First I've seen of milk in bags. I ALWAYS wipe the handles of the carts with sani-wipes' date=' and leave it there while I'm pushing it around. And I always cleanse my hands after leaving the checker. I don't think you're being overly-sensitive about your health, not at all. I damn near won't even go to our public libraries anymore due to health concerns.[/quote']

Me to, especially since my transplant because they have me on immuno-suppressants. I don't go anywhere without the bottle of sanitizer.

Me to' date=' especially since my transplant because they have me on immuno-suppressants. I don't go anywhere without the bottle of sanitizer.[/quote']

I hear you guys and im with you.

I like the new style washrooms in the malls. No doors, just a small winding walkway that leads into

the "Peeing Zone"....I dont have to touch ANYTHING!....well, almost. hehe!

Yup, never seen milk in bags. Margarine back in the '50s in some places came in a bag, uncolored, with a little "pill" of coloring in the bag you'd mix up before opening... but never milk.

I do remember glass bottles delivered to one's front porch daily. Not homogenized, though. So the cream came to the top. When it was cold, the freezing milk would pop the cap off the bottle. <grin>

Here it's in a jug. They closed the closest dairy, so milk's shipped some 400+miles in jugs.

m

I work with farmers, assisting in the design and layout of heavy use areas, milkhouse waste treatment, manure storage areas, etc.

I don't want anything to do with something that comes out of a cow. Sorry.

I still eat meat, but that's losing it's appeal as well.

I work with farmers' date=' assisting in the design and layout of heavy use areas, milkhouse waste treatment, manure storage areas, etc.

I don't want anything to do with something that comes out of a cow. Sorry.

I still eat meat, but that's losing it's appeal as well.[/quote']

Uhm...you know milk's the white stuff that comes out the big ol' bag down under the cow; right? [biggrin] And it goes through a rigorous processing before it's ever packaged for distribution and sale. I suspect you're safe with Pasteurized milk, provided there are no antibiotics and/or hormones present.

You cats all drink that nasty sh!t? blech! The thought of even a sip of cow's milk makes me gag. It's unhealthy and unnatural.

And I do remember milk in bags from when I was a kid. I'm not Canadian, but I grew up just over the border in Michigan. Maybe it was imported milk?

Dennis...

Bag balm is good for human hands' date=' too.

It's easy to find around here, anyway.

m

[/quote']

Yep, we keep it around the place. We have to wash our hands so many times per day, after working in the dirt or with the chickens, etc. that it dries our skin out unless we use something like Bag Balm. Kinda greazy 'till it's worked in real good...then wiped off. LOL! Good for the dog's feet sometimes, too. Lotsa uses for it. Rusty gate hinges know. [biggrin]

Yep' date=' we keep it around the place. We have to wash our hands so many times per day, after working in the dirt or with the chickens, etc. that it dries our skin out unless we use something like Bag Balm. Kinda greazy 'till it's worked in real good...then wiped off. LOL! Good for the dog's feet sometimes, too. Lotsa uses for it. Rusty gate hinges know. [biggrin']

What kind of dog gives milk from it's paws?

Archived