Gibson Brands Forums

Very bad dream... what a way to start a saturday

Thundergod

I just woke up from a really bad dream, the worst part is i tried to wake up several times but couldnt, till finally my cellphone rang... bless my better half she was calling me...

I had this weird dream... I had just bought 3 Gibsons, 2 Lesters (black beauty and standard faded in tobacco burst) and a melody maker... they came in this weird looking boxes... as i oppened them i realized they didnt have any case with them...

The black beauty had a ding the size of texas between the pickups! and the neck joint looked like it would break if i ever tightened the strings...

The standard faded was ok, a little too light in weight but ok, but then i plugged her and no sound, so i oppened the control cavity and found out the damn thing was a dummy like the ones they used to have in cell shops to show you the expensive phones.

The melody maker sounded good and the finish was ok, i was so happy with her... until i realized it sported a full gibson les paul headstock (diamond inlay included)... i looked in the back of the headstock and read "made in china" (wtf???)...

Now i know china says made in usa and some bogus number... but this one had made in china in her... needless to say i just wole up feeling sick...

The worst part? in my dream i knew sending them back wasnt an option, so my best guess is in my dream i had bought from one of thos chaw/chow/chews sellers, though i would never do such a thing in real life...

Maybe there´s been too much talk of fakes later... hope none of you have this kind of nightmare ever... i´m still shocked.

Dude.... with your best interest at heart.... seriously...

Back slowly away from the Forum... too much "Is this Fake" thread reading.....

Marry that girl. If you two are so in sync she knows when you are having a nightmare and calls to wake you up... that, my friend, is an indicator.....

And lastly... Jam on your LP... or finish the one you were working on and post pics ^_^ ... either will mend your soul and soothe your mind, methinks....

Wow...and I thought I had a Gibson problem. ^_^

I've seen a Les Paul in a dream, but nothing that would give me cold sweats.

Three brand new Les Pauls, eh? Maybe that's a sign of money. Buy a lottery ticket...

Edit: Damn Chanman, he beat me to it...O:)

Archived