Gibson Brands Forums

Un-waiting

Cruznolfart

The wait is over! The Ibanez SR 5000 Prestige Bass isn't going to happen. They don't know anymore about it today than they did when I ordered it 6 weeks ago so I have cancelled the order.

Interestingly, the dealers back east who have been saying they have this model, now say it's special order. Of course they also say they can get it real fast.

I'm done with this whole thing for now. What a wonderful experience. [biggrin]

Same here, I had ordered a replacement tremolo assembly for my Stratocaster, similar story, I ordered it, it was going to take 10 days, 5 weeks went by and nothing then I got an e-mail back saying it would be another 5 weeks.

I cancelled and asked to be notified when in stock, that way I am not waiting for it.

Same here' date=' I had ordered a replacement tremolo assembly for my Stratocaster, similar story, I ordered it, it was going to take 10 days, 5 weeks went by and nothing then I got an e-mail back saying it would be another 5 weeks.

I cancelled and asked to be notified when in stock, that way I am not waiting for it.[/quote']

WTF is that all about? I hate BS! If you can't do something just tell me, no worries. But to say they'll do it and then keep me hanging? That's BS..and BS walks!

The wait is over! The Ibanez SR 5000 Prestige Bass isn't going to happen. They don't know anymore about it today than they did when I ordered it 6 weeks ago so I have cancelled the order.

Interestingly' date=' the dealers back east who have been saying they have this model, now say it's special order. Of course they also say they can get it real fast.

I'm done with this whole thing for now. What a wonderful experience. [blink

Sorry to hear.. I know you were looking forward (FOR A LONG TIME) to getting it.

I don't remember if you were "customizing" it at all but.....

Sam Ash.com shows Ibanez SR5000E Soundgear SR Prestige 4 String Bass

(ISR5000EO-P) as "Availability: In Stock - Buy Now".

http://www.samash.com/p/SR5000E%20Soundgear%20SR%20Prestige%204%20String%20Bass_-49953077

I may be up at a SamAsh tomorrow, my sonn needs some music books, depends on his schedule. Not sure what they'll have in stock it's a "smaller store".

I've had the same issue with an Ibanez bass before! Back ordered and due in 3 days turned into 3 weeks' date=' which eventually turned into a canceled order and the purchase of an LTD bass.....

[/quote']

Interesting. I wonder whassup with Ibanez's order filling. Perhaps they'll see the value of in-house construction if they lose enough Prestige sales. Right now all their instruments are contract-built. Even the Prestige line.

Just order this instead ' date=' you won't be disappointed [biggrin']

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette-Standard-Bass?sku=514195

Nice bass! And I do thank you for the tip. I'm going to wait before I order anything right now. I'm really pissed about having to cancel, I think I'll give it some time. [blink]

Sorry to hear.. I know you were looking forward (FOR A LONG TIME) to getting it.

I don't remember if you were "customizing" it at all but.....

Sam Ash.com shows Ibanez SR5000E Soundgear SR Prestige 4 String Bass

(ISR5000EO-P) as "Availability: In Stock - Buy Now".

http://www.samash.com/p/SR5000E%20Soundgear%20SR%20Prestige%204%20String%20Bass_-49953077

I may be up at a SamAsh tomorrow' date=' my sonn needs some music books, depends on his schedule. Not sure what they'll have in stock it's a "smaller store".

[/quote']

Thanks, Steve, I wasn't customizing. Nice to see Sam Ash has it in stock. I might give 'em a call once I've got my head cooled off. Or I might just be done with Ibanez all together. LOL! I'm gonna give it a few days before I decide what to do next. I'm pretty steamed right now.

Just order this instead ' date=' you won't be disappointed [biggrin']

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette-Standard-Bass?sku=514195

Seriously, not bad advice at all :- I want the 5 string corvette w/ the black stain.

Yeah, I waited 3 months for my MIJ Ibanez RG7. It was worth the wait but I kept being quoted wrong times for delivery.

Sorry to hear that' date=' buddy. We were looking forward to it almost as much as you were.[/quote']

Why do i highly doubt that?

I bet Curz was almost going to start jumping when he order it.

We were behind our computer screens saying in ours minds "cool!".

Seriously' date=' not bad advice at all [thumbup'] I want the 5 string corvette w/ the black stain.

Yeah, I waited 3 months for my MIJ Ibanez RG7. It was worth the wait but I kept being quoted wrong times for delivery.

Well, with the utmost respect and appreciation, the truth is I'm already disappointed due to the fact that I had already gone through the tedious process of deciding which, among the multitudes of great basses, I wanted to get for my own. Believe me, Warwicks were considered in the process. But, according to my own criteria, Warwick or any other would be a step down that I'm not really eager to take at this point.

Why do i highly doubt that?

I bet Curz was almost going to start jumping when he order it.

We were behind our computer screens saying in ours minds "cool!".

Thanks' date=' Dem00n, you know it. It took a long time for me to decide what I wanted. Then I had to try to talk myself out of it for any number of reasons. Ordering it was a real treat for me. At least I have that. [img']http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/rockonsmilie.gif[/img]

Oh... Cruzn'' date=' I'm sorry man.

I'll write a blues song for you on my new telecaster. :-s [/quote']

Thats just wrong! LOL :-&

Sorry to hear about the problems Cruzn, I know that sux mud. You're a smart man to wait on any decision until after a cooling off period.

Good luck on getting what makes you happy.

I'm sort of surprised this happened coming from an established company like Ibanez. I can understand if it is completley hand built and it may be but I don't know.

There is a guy here in my town who hand builds amplifiers and they are custom built after talking to the customer in person (phone, email, or in person). I know he has orders for a years wait. But like I said he takes the time to talk to each customer and find out about their playing style and what they are looking for.

Sorry to hear about this Cruzn

That's what you get for ordering a fancy higher end soundegear bass... you should have ordered a GIO SR from ibanez... they have those in stock in every store, strange thing is, they sell hundreds of them daily and they never go out of stock!

Goes to show how the world works now...

Too bad you aren't getting that bass Crunz, it looked great. Are you getting another model/brand now?

Thats just wrong! LOL [thumbup]

He's a mean one; ain't he? LOL!

Sorry to hear about the problems Cruzn' date=' I know that sux mud. You're a smart man to wait on any decision until after a cooling off period.

Good luck on getting what makes you happy.[/quote']

Thanks, Bow, I appreciate that.

That's what you get for ordering a fancy higher end soundegear bass... you should have ordered a GIO SR from ibanez... they have those in stock in every store' date=' strange thing is, they sell hundreds of them daily and they never go out of stock!

Goes to show how the world works now...

Too bad you aren't getting that bass Crunz, it looked great. Are you getting another model/brand now?[/quote']

Thanks, TG, I'm just nursing a bad mood right now. I'll get restarted next week.

Archived