Gibson Brands Forums

So what do yo think of our new Forum

Lefty Guy

This will sure take some time getting used to. I made a post, then hit the back arrow to return to the topics and my post was no longer there. I then made the post again, but this time not only my second post was there, but also my first one. Now I can't find any way to delete the duplicatet post. Any have a clue how to do it?

Gibson is probably sitting back and having a good laugh at all of us trying to figure out the new forum features.

This will sure take some time getting used to. I made a post' date=' then hit the back arrow to return to the topics and my post was no longer there. I then made the post again, but this time not only my second post was there, but also my first one. Now I can't find any way to delete the duplicatet post. Any have a clue how to do it?

Gibson is probably sitting back and having a good laugh at all of us trying to figure out the new forum features.[/quote']

I think that's because you have to hit the Refresh button in order to see your posts. As for the delete, I haven't a clue! I'm imagining Gibson watching us running around like mice in a maze trying to figure out what we're doing. Hilarious! I'm having fun!

So far so good

My only real complaint and maybe others are having the issue.

I have to manually refresh/reload the pages so that they update. This morning I logged on and the "Gibson Acoustics" thread only had 3 topics. I hit the refresh/reload on my browser and all the topics showed up.

I imagine something on the server end is not automagically reloading the pages as it should even on closing the browsers. For some reason it is looking at the local cache first.

So for now if you aren't seeing something you expect or things look old .......reload / refresh the page. I just basically hit the reload but on every page I view for now.

WHEN I go to some topics, I'm logged in as myself and can reply. When I go to others (still in the Acoustic Forum) I'm logged in as guest and can't do anything. It seems inconsistent like the old forum was. I also couldn't log in, so I re-registered... but couldn't tell if I actually re-registered or it finally recognized me. No Joy. 40

No Joy. Had trouble logging in. Tried (re)registering and it said I already had that username. Finally got in. THEN, with some topics it shows me logged in, but on other topics it shows me as Guest and I can Read Only. Maybe it's a learning curve thingy, but it seems inconsistent like the Old Forum was. 40.

No Joy. Had trouble logging in. Tried (re)registering and it said I already had that username. Finally got in. THEN, with some topics it shows me logged in, but on other topics it shows me as Guest and I can Read Only. Maybe it's a learning curve thingy, but it seems inconsistent like the Old Forum was. 40.

I lost an earlier post commending Gibson for getting this up and running. Other than that, I like it.

BTW, how does somebody get -85 points. And what are points worth? Should I care?

Cheers, Cryoman

PS. Thanks Gibson for bettering you forum. When are you going to chop off the old one?

Just when I thought I had some of the bugs figured out, I found another one. Anyone else finding that you have to sometimes log in separately for each topic that you want to visit in order to see all of the posts?

I couldn't figure out why the main topic page would show that someone had recently posted in a topic and then when I went to that topic, the post wasn't there. Although I had logged in on the main page, when I'd go to some topics, it would show that I wasn't logged in. Once logging in on that topic's page, then all of the posts would show up.

Just when I thought I had some of the bugs figured out, I found another one. Anyone else finding that you have to sometimes log in separately for each topic that you want to visit in order to see all of the posts?

I couldn't figure out why the main topic page would show that someone had recently posted in a topic and then when I went to that topic, the post wasn't there. Although I had logged in on the main page, when I'd go to some topics, it would show that I wasn't logged in. Once logging in on that topic's page, then all of the posts would show up.

Archived