Gibson Brands Forums

just started reading Glen Beck's common sense......

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tally in this thread will be an easy count.

The categories are;

People in this nation who GET IT (Glenn Beck viewers), and understand how far we've skidded and slid.

People who have heard of Glenn Beck but never watched an entire hour of his show.

People who know everything they need to know about him from Liberal news and TV comedy shows.

People who get pissed off that he has a voice - and it does NOT speak for their values and convictions.

People who want him off the air because they think he's a trouble maker.

Everybody choose one....

[blink]/

I'm not much of a Beck fan more from style than content.

Funny thing is that I feel that I've learned a lot of interesting, if odd things, by reading some stuff I thought was pretty objectionable in terms of the politics involved.

For example, I was looking for some info on the teaching of math and discovered that some Marxists have been rather critical of how arithmetic was taught some 200-250 years ago. Hmmmm. Then I got to thinking about "new math" and how so many folks nowadays couldn't count out change if their lives depended on it.

I think Beck is one of those who can get you to think, whether you agree or not.

Basically seeing how different people / "news" and commentary sources / view stuff can be good for thinking.

But Beck unfortunately for me is a bit too emotional in presentation, as are so many on the opposite pole. I haven't read his writing, but he may "sound" a lot better on the printed page than on TV.

Then again, I've been accused of being a bit "cold" and overly-oriented to exposition of facts and nuances of process rather than how people feel about stuff.

If other facts are revealed that change one's opinion, that's cool too, but I personally mistrust emotional expositions, even by those crying praises of a given guitar. <grin>

m

Oh, Beck is a show-boater and prone to hyperbole but his subject matter and commentary

thereof are quite often hard to disagree with unless you are willing to suspend disbelief.

I listen to his most vocal critics all the time.

It's utterly amazing the hate that guy draws, up there with Limbaugh and almost with Palin.

Listening to their inane yammering, it's not long before I have to ask "who's the idiot here...?"

Seems they are most stirred up by those who hit them squarely between the eyes.

Glenn Beck is just another talk show host. He says things to get people pissed off. He reels the idiots in with controversy, and he rakes in the profit. He feeds off of anger. Most of us are dumb enough to give him that anger, and that keeps him in business.

I have watched his show multiple times. I've also read part of his newest book, I'll probably get around to finishing it within a month or two. I don't agree with many of his political views, but he's got a right to his opinions.

when glenn beck eats broken glass and dies, i'll pay attention to his screams of pain. otherwise, i'm not interested in anything coming out of his filthy pie hole. i hope pat robertson and rush (don't contribute to aid for haiti cuz it's an obama plot) limpdick, join him for the meal. ******* worthless scum. if i was in charge, these sh*t stains would be in jail for treason.

thanks for bringing this up! feels like the old days!

[biggrin]

I don't mind his opinions, I just don't like his business. Do you know how much money he makes every year off of controversy and anger? Of course the money doesn't matter to him, he's doing it for the love of his country.

That being said, even if I don't like his show, I wouldn't want it taken off the air. He has a right to say whatever he wants. It's always nice to see that someone's voice is being heard, even if it's not what I believe.

when glenn beck eats broken glass and dies' date=' i'll pay attention to his screams of pain. otherwise, i'm not interested in anything coming out of his filthy pie hole. i hope pat robertson and rush (don't contribute to aid for haiti cuz it's an obama plot) limpdick, join him for the meal. ******* worthless scum. if i was in charge, these sh*t stains would be in jail for treason.

thanks for bringing this up! feels like the old days![/quote']

I hope you're joking. If you are joking, it's not funny in the least bit, but you aren't a complete a$$hole.

If you're serious you should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh, he's serious alright.

He can only restrain himself so long, all the mellow acoustic-strumming therapy goes right out the window....

Once he loses it and starts on another rampage, Katie bar the door!!!!

Heh, heh, heh....

We're gonna need a new category.

[biggrin]/

if i was in charge' date=' these sh*t stains would be in jail for treason.[/quote']

Kinda like Pelosi, eh?

Her first trip as Speaker was to Syria against the wishes of the State Department and White House.

On an Air Force 757.

With her staff.

Sounds like treason to me.

Danny Glover, Sean Penn, Janeane Gargoylfalo, Michael Moore and others chummy with Hugo Chavez?

Unapproved trips to Venezuela, Cuba, Iraq, Iran....

Care to talk about ANYBODY on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, MoveOn.org....?

thanks for bringing this up! feels like the old days!

Yep.

So, again, where does the hate, intolerance, closed-mindedness, contempt, venom and vitriol reside?

Not to mention double standards and short memories....

I hope you're joking. If you are joking' date=' it's not funny in the least bit, but you aren't a complete a$$hole.

If you're serious you should be ashamed of yourself.[/quote']

i'm not joking.. not in the least. and i'm not ashamed of myself. see your own reasons for taking him to task. i have a burning hatred for stupid. imagine where we as a species might be, if we didn't have to indulge stupid. but no, somewhere it's written that stupid gets an equal say in how we sally forth in this world. it will be the end of us. and people who sell stupid for profit are criminals. it's g*ddamn shame there are so many customers.

Labor unions exempt from paying a tax on health care...

Big Pharma gets a sweetheart deal.

No POTUS press conferences since July.

Nothing in DC gets on C-SPAN - transparency my ***....

Ben Nelson and Nebraska win the D.C. Lottery...

Damn, that U.S. Constitution is gonna be made into toilet paper soon.

Good for nothing else, eh?

goodnight neo, we know where we stand with one another. piece.

BTW, truth be told, i have a very strong sense of meet the new boss, same as the old boss, lately. at least this guy is smarter or, at least, more articulate, but we're still getting boned.

sweet dreams

i'm not joking.. not in the least. and i'm not ashamed of myself. see your own reasons for taking him to task. i have a burning hatred for stupid.

Read your last post. You said you want to see Glenn Beck "eat broken glass and die.". If you have a burning hatred for stupid, I have a burning hatred for violence. Were you hoping to gain respect out of that post? You talk about stupidity, I'm a teenager and I don't think I've ever called someone a "sh*t stain".

I don't know you very well, but any respect I might have had for you is gone.

Read the backdrop.

Now look at every face in that picture.

imageDCSA107011821301.jpg

I'm sorry...

What did that backdrop say again?

[biggrin]

Tell me where we need to ignore the Constitution and do it their way.

I wouldn't let ANY of them have access to my back yard to feed my dog while I was on vacation....

THAT is what Beck and Limbaugh are talking about.

And they're wrong how?

Archived