Gibson Brands Forums

A little problem with my sg faded

sellen

From the12 fret and down it sustains less than my other guitars.Especially at the g sting at the 12 fret.I have medium string height.The intonation are fine.The gap at the 7 fret are good.The angel between brigde and stop bar is so the low e string don't tough the brigde.Any ideas?.Guess its just the way it is,i like it anyway.It plays nice,and i like that chunky neck.

The strings on it now are one week old.Its both plugged and acoustic the problem.Have compared it against my sg 61 and my angus sig(The Angus sig have the longest sustain)But i do like that chunky neck on the special.I may try a tonepros set with brigde and stop bar.Have heard that helps

Have you checked your G nut slot for crud?

Is the saddle loose? Is the saddle slot in good condition or worn round in the bottom?

What's the relief like on that G? A bit to low? Sometimes it's a bit different in the center than the outside.

Any of those can dampen the string vibrations a bit and rob sustain.

Hey man thanks for the ideas.Checked them out and its ok.But it triggered me to give it a good clean up,Lem-oil on the fingerboard.And a new set up with brigde ,stop-bar,string height,I'm not afraid to learn and fail with this guitar(Guess that's why it had a problem in the start).Its sings out better now my good old friend.Its a good guitar,to a reasonable prize.

Hey man thanks for the ideas.Checked them out and its ok.But it triggered me to give it a good clean up' date='Lem-oil on the fingerboard.And a new set up with brigde ,stop-bar,string height,I'm not afraid to learn and fail with this guitar(Guess that's why it had a problem in the start).Its sings out better now my good old friend.Its a good guitar,to a reasonable prize.[/quote']

No offense sellen, English may not be your first language. However it would make your posts a lot easier to read if you put spaces between your comas, and your next word. Also your periods, and your next sentence.

Archived