Gibson Brands Forums

A 335 with "Memphis" on the headstock???

Tech21

Thanks for that.

But is it put on Top-End models or what?

I saw this on a 2001 335 in Beale St. Blue with a flame top, Memphis was also written on the case under “Gibson” (it was sold in minutes by the way).

I can see no mileage in them just arbitrarily putting some decals on a random assortment of guitars and their associated cases.

It must signify something otherwise why do it?

Just very curious as I have never seen this before.

Cheers

T21

funny enough, I purchased it. and I'm glad I did. it was owned by Reba McEntire's guitarist!! [biggrin] :- :- :- . it was built for Gibson's artist showcase, where he purchased it. I'll post pics when it arrives (thursday)

my buddy, IBC 2007 Albert King award winner Sean Carney, has one identical to it.

it looks like a wicked cool guitar!

funny enough' date=' I purchased it. and I'm glad I did. it was owned by [b']Reba McEntire's guitarist!![/b] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] . it was built for Gibson's artist showcase, where he purchased it. I'll post pics when it arrives (thursday)

Who?

my buddy' date=' IBC 2007 Albert King award winner Sean Carney, has one identical to it.

[/quote']

Once again who?

you really like to boast don't ya?

Livin' in others shadow?

Who?

Once again who?

you really like to boast don't ya?

Livin' in others shadow?

you really don't know who Reba MacEntire is? [biggrin]at all? I don't even listen to Country and still know who she is.

as for Sean, I didn't expect most of you to know him, save some of the few blues players who hang out around here. try googling "The Sean Carney Band"

also, I hardly live in Sean's shadow. I'm proud of his achievements though.

you really don't know who Reba MacEntire is? #-oat all? I don't even listen to Country and still know who she is.

as for Sean' date=' I didn't expect most of you to know him, save some of the few blues players who hang out around here. try googling "The Sean Carney Band"

also, I hardly live in Sean's shadow. I'm proud of his achievements though.[/quote']

I probably heard some of Reba's stuff, but I don't know her by name.

As for the sean Carney thing,

It just sounded kinda stuck up, 'oh well my friend, winner of such and such awards!!'

if ya know what I mean.

I probably heard some of Reba's stuff' date=' but I don't know her by name.

As for the sean Carney thing,

It just sounded kinda stuck up, 'oh well my friend, winner of such and such awards!!'

if ya know what I mean.[/quote']

yeah, I hear ya. sorry for jumping the gun.

also be noted the guitar arrived an hour ago and plays VERY well! I'll post some pics after dinner.

Im sorry for our member gibsonlespaul1319

He can be a little...jerkish sometimes.

dem00n....sigh...this actually goes against your title of forum dumb@ss...

Anything I say' date=' rude to you, jokingly or not...comes off making me look jerkish....hmmm...

What an Improvement dem00n!!! [woot

[cool][flapper][lol][flapper][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]:-

yeah' date=' I hear ya. sorry for jumping the gun.

also be noted the guitar arrived an hour ago and plays VERY well! I'll post some pics after dinner.[/quote']

Whoa! if anything, you didn't jump the gun, I did,

Your post to my original one, sounded very calm and cool to me, after my acccusations!

Sorry...

dem00n....sigh...this actually goes against your title of forum dumb@ss...

Anything I say' date=' rude to you, jokingly or not...comes off making me look jerkish....hmmm...

What an Improvement dem00n!!! [woot

[cool][flapper][lol][flapper][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]:-

Hell ima soon make a title for the new forum ****** for 2010.

Hell ima soon make a title for the new forum ****** for 2010.

Yea' date=' but nobody spells as bad as you, or uses bad grammar....sorry...

[lol[biggrin][flapper][cool][lol][flapper][flapper][flapper][lol]

you know I'm joking right mon? well excepting the grammar and spelling...

PICTURES!

2cr21qf.jpg

2gw9phj.jpg

2v29ym9.jpg

eite08.jpg

^

a peek into my guitar room (which at the moment is a mess. note the extra boxed TS808, and my wall of strats and teles. can you tell I'm a fender guy?)

2j3smqw.jpg

^ without flash ^

155s23c.jpg

5pndvs.jpg

14smg47.jpg

there you have it! video demo coming soon.

Great looker' date=' nice flame and best of all it's a Gibson made in Memphis.

Congrats on your new lady bro.[/quote']

thanks, mate!

I was going to be in Memphis this week for the International Blues Challenge (IBC) due to some friends competing representing OH and KY but it ended up I wasn't able to come due to family problems. I had been looking forward to checking out the Memphis plant.

since you're in the area, if you have time, be sure to go watch my bud Micah Kesselring, and also The Sonny Moorman Group, down on Beale St. this weekend! some real talent there.

OK then' date=' so what's a 2001 blue flame-top 335 with the word Memphis on the headstock where Custom Shop decal usually goes and also Memphis in gold on the case?

[/quote']

this guitar was made in Memphis as others have noted. up until a few years ago, Memphis was under its own management. Gibson has since merged the Custom Shop department in nashville with the Memphis plant. memphis is making the same guitars (as well as newer models such as the ES-339), just now they get the custom shop logo. The Historic/Reissue semis and hollows are made in nashville.

the lines of course are even more blurred as the actual custom shop (seemingly) does few actual custom orders; they put out so many historics that the entire Reissue line could be considered "production."

this guitar was made in Memphis as others have noted. up until a few years ago' date=' Memphis was under its own management. Gibson has since merged the Custom Shop department in nashville with the Memphis plant. memphis is making the same guitars (as well as newer models such as the ES-339), just now they get the custom shop logo. The Historic/Reissue semis and hollows are made in nashville.

the lines of course are even more blurred as the actual custom shop (seemingly) does few actual custom orders; they put out so many historics that the entire Reissue line could be considered "production."[/quote']

Thanks for the info, that answers my question.

Cheers

T21

Archived