Gibson Brands Forums

American made Acoustic, under 1 grand , preferably with cutaway.

DAS44

check out the songmaker series gibsons. if it doesn't have to be american, then here are 2 that i've owned and loved. but like all things, love fades. lol.

great bass punch and a decent pickup. the cedar top gives it a bit of a darker sound.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Masterbilt-EF-500RCCE-Fingerstyle-Acoustic-Guitar-519154-i1427379.gc

this is currently my go-to acoustic. i love it. also a bit dark if you use 80/20's on it and its thunderously loud. it has annoyed many other players at open mics. (i'm sure it wasn't my playing...)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seagull-Maritime-SWS-Mini-Jumbo-High-Gloss-QI-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-581760-i1460869.gc

not really sure if there are many american-made acoustics under 1K. competition seems to have everyone making stuff offshore. this kind of thinking opens the door wide for a socio-economic swing thing back to a "made in usa" kind of mindset. some entrepreneur who can keep his costs low could eat this market up.

Martin 15 series - I have a 00-15 and it is wonderful. Cutaways are a bit more tho.

Or Martin OM-1

Solid Sapele top, solid rosewood back and sides, and multi piece neck.

Great sound. Available regular with no electronics, or with electronics and cutaway, but its like 300 more.

No gibson for that price.

But there is a Gibson J-185 Vintage for 1649 that has LR baggs electronics

If you are talking about an all solid wood acoustic under $1K then you should look at the Larrive 03 series. They are made in Vancouver BC Canada but have ever bit the quality of the US made models. The entire Larrivee line used to be made at the Vancouver factory before the one in Oxnard opened a while ago.

Larrivee Guitars

Hear what, DAS, try as much as possible not to be limited by price, within reason.

There are great guitars, in the 1500-2000 range, by Gibson, Martin Taylor, etc..

I should have done that with my acoustic, but after I heard the sound, it was impeccable, as was the construction, maybe a higher QC with a first batch of a new series.

Hear what' date=' DAS, try as much as possible not to be limited by price, within reason.

There are great guitars, in the 1500-2000 range, by Gibson, Martin Taylor, etc..

I should have done that with my acoustic, but after I heard the sound, it was impeccable, as was the construction, maybe a higher QC with a first batch of a new series.

[/quote']

I'm trying to keep spending to a minimum, I'm saving for college and all. Better have a cheaper guitar and ease my way into college IMO.

Archived