Gibson Brands Forums

how do you practice your arpeggios?

S t e v e

I like yngwie's playing, I preffer to listen to him than to play him [cool] I don't really find it useful in real life situations unless I'm playing with the metal band and even then their music is a little dark so it's difficult to do such stuff with it.

I think the best way to practice them in a metal context is to go with backing drums and bass but slow at first, and speeding up only when you have achieved acuracy at the present speed. Of course, first you have to learn scales and everything else IMO.

in the nude.

well' date=' that's not entirely true. sometimes i wear a KFC bucket on my head. other times, popeye's.[/quote']

Hopefully at least a Depends adult undergarment too, what with your uncontrolled outbursts from the front...

I can only imagine the hazards present around back - probably gets all over your socks...

After I spend about an hour on chromatic & scale/alternate picking exercises, I do the following exercises for my sweep picking:

i. Ascending & Descending an arpeggio in one position - all arpeggios across the neck* (2, 3, 5 string arpeggios)

ii. Ascending in one position & Descending in the next position - all arpeggios across the neck* (2, 3, 5 string arpeggios)

iii. Exercise (i), but this time I split e.g. a 5 string major/minor triad in triads

iv. Exercise (ii), but this time I split e.g. a 5 string major/minor triad in triads

v. Exercise (i), but I add a tap on the high e string.

No, I can't play arpeggios at this speed. Yes, I used to listen to Yngwie's stuff. But he's way too baroque for my style.

* The ones that fit the major scale or the harmonic minor scale.

Hopefully at least a Depends adult undergarment too' date=' what with your uncontrolled outbursts from the front...

I can only imagine the hazards present around back - probably gets all over your socks...

[/quote']

So jannusguy is nude, with a KFC bucket on his head and wearing socks? Great combination. I feel sick.

Hopefully at least a Depends adult undergarment too' date=' what with your uncontrolled outbursts from the front...

[/quote']

I have a product that will take care of that

Archived