Gibson Brands Forums

Coca Cola or Pepsi?

nikko18

Funny thing about these preferences: Back before the advent of "New Coke," which was a marketing disaster, Coke did a very serious consumer study, with blind tests all over the country. They offered people three unlabeled colas: Coke, Pepsi, and new Coke. Based on taste alone, Americans overwhelmingly preferred Pepsi to Coke, and New Coke to either Pepsi or Coke.

So they went to market with New Coke, and people revolted, said they hated it... which is now why they sell "classic" Coke. So according to research, if you prefer Coke, it's likely to be for subconscious reasons besides what your taste-buds tell you. That's not bad in my mind - I'm fascinated by how amazingly complicated our perceptions and preferences can be.

Coca-Cola by far.

There are certain things that require Pepsi' date=' though. There's a local pizza place that requires Pepsi to eat - not because of the restaurant, but because that's what I did every weekend as a kid with my grandparents. [/quote']

I understand completely.

By the way, I just realized that the pictures in your sig were links. Sweet looking guitars, man!

I used to guzzle coke.

Now... coffee until suppertime' date=' then OJ. OJ until I make my morning coffee. Then it's coffee until supper time. Usually 3-4 12-cup pots a day.

m

[/quote']

thats a lot of coffee Milod. [blink]

I usually have an espresso in the morning and one in the evening. I try to keep soda to a minimum I used to drink way too much of it. It's mostly Iced tea through out the day now.

Just got this idea from a different thread. Most people I know prefer coke (cause it's way better). But for some reason some people prefer Pepsi? I have also noticed a lot more restraunts have Pepsi' date=' do you think it's cheaper then coke?[/quote']

I'm sure none of you give a flyin' fig about what I drink. What I think is interesting is the pejorative way the poll question was asked.

Nikko, you have a future in poling for CBS, NBC or CNN!

Since you put it that way...I'll switch!! (YOU guess from which to which!)

Well that could mean, you need to switch from Coca Cola to Pepsi, for the reason the name implies...small individuals...ahem...or you are switching from Pepsi to Coke, because you don't want people to think that you need the help for small individuals..

Although the first is funnier, so I say Coke to Pepsi!

Well that could mean' date=' you need to switch from Coca Cola to Pepsi, for the reason the name implies...small individuals...ahem...or you are switching from Pepsi to Coke, because you don't want people to think that you need the help for small individuals..

Although the first is funnier, so I say Coke to Pepsi![/quote']

Or.... I can't take any more girth, eh?