Gibson Brands Forums

Coca Cola or Pepsi?

nikko18

I prefer Coke only because it's got the name - gimme a coke.

But I do live the Pepsi throw back ads with Dylan singing "Forever Young", my favorite Dylan song. I think the fact that Dylan's, or any other star of the era, music is being used indicates that the "boomers" have won, or at least our music wins.

Also Why should I be a reporter. Some one should explain this to me more xD

Nikko, my point was...you wanted to take a poll....but you framed the question in a way that slanted the answer....much like CNN, NBC and CBS ask questions, and if you actually dig into a Time-Warner/CNN poll, you'll see the questions are slanted therefore affecting the results.

e.g. "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Any answer will leave the reader thinking you DID beat your wife, (not that there's anything wrong with it).

Soda's bad for you! Drink beer. It's natural. It's healthy. Water' date=' barley, malt, hops, yeast ... What could be better?

(Though Budweiser and most cheap American lagers are actually made mostly from rice!)

[/quote']

I agree, heartily. All that corn syrup makes me want to gag. I like sweet things, but soda is too much. Diet soda is worse. You ain't putting a neurotoxin like aspartame in my body.

I wonder if people on the Coke Forum are discussing things like:

"Gibson or Fender?"

:-

Gibson forum: "Coke or Pepsi"

Coke forum: "Dodge or Chevy?"

Dodge forum: "Kenwood or SONY?"

SONY forum: "Tubes or Transistors?"

Amp forum: "Import or domestic wine?"

Wine forum: "Dogs or electric fence?"

Dog forum: "Brush or comb?"

Hair care forum: "Long or short?"

WE LOVE HAIR!! forum: "Gibson or Fender?"

Fender forum: "Coors light or Pearl?" 24.gif

• 11 years later...

Flavor. The biggest difference between Pepsi and Coke is their flavors. Pepsi has more of a citrus taste, while Coke products have more of a vanilla-raisin taste. When it comes down to it, Pepsi has a stronger first sip taste, but Coke goes down smoother.Each company markets a large number of brands, with Coca Cola Company having the larger market share. This is reflected in drink sales with Coca-cola Classic continuing to outsell Pepsi.click on mypepsico

I've never tasted any hint of vanilla in Coca-Cola (or raisin) except when it's supposed to have vanilla flavoring in it. (hell, they're even putting that stuff in whiskey!)  I always preferred Coke to Pepsi, due to my finding Pepsi a bit more on the sweeter side.  And Coke usually has more carbonated "bite" than Pepsi, which (to me) feels better on a hot, dry day.   It's all subjective and a matter of personal preference.   One thing I notice though......

I've known more people who were "hooked" on Pepsi.   A buddy of mine's family had a nightly "ritual" of drinking big, ice laden mugs of it every night.  One guy I worked with always brought in an "Igloo" cooler full of cans of Pepsi to work each day.  He'd drink all 12 cans by lunch and then during lunch would go to a nearby store and get 12 more to get him to quitting time.  And it seems a brother in law of mine has a 16 oz. bottle of diet Pepsi permanently fused to his right hand.  [wink]  But actually.....

When it comes to pop, I prefer Sprite or 7up.   And cream soda.   And Meijer's carries it's own brand of cranberry soda that's pretty good.

Whitefang