Gibson Brands Forums

It's here...

pohatu771

I picked it up this morning... I was with two of my friends when we picked it up and started unpacking it, and someone compared it to a baby. I said it was better. This one will only make noise when I want it to.

It's a 2001, not a 2002 like the auction said, but that doesn't matter and I knew before anyway. The crack isn't nearly as bad as the photos made it look. I'm probably going to buy a ColorTone marker from Stew-Mac next time I order something to hide it a little bit better.

DSC00459-3.jpg

Thanks guys. The sellers says that the nut and saddle are bone, which wasn't mentioned in the listing - certainly a welcome surprise. I ordered a hardshell case that was advertised as "for Blueridge dreadnaughts," which I'm hoping will work. From the picture, it looked a little more Gibson-y than most cases.

The truss rod cover is also a bit odd - it looks like a combination of a 50s (stretched out and thin) and a 70s, with the script "J-45" on it.

DSC00460-2.jpg

That cover definitely does not look original. I just ordered an ebony one to replace the cheesy (imho) black plastic stock one. http://www.customluthier.com/shop/catalog/product_276_Gibson_Standard_2H_NOBRTruss_Rod_Cover_NOBR_cat_61.html

we will see how it turns out. You can also buy a real Gibson one with the correct shape for 10 bucks or so at guitar center.

Archived