Gibson Brands Forums

The British Withdrawal?

albertjohn

Been in and out of the Lounge recently.

Is it me or have some of my fellow UK nationals disappeared? Johnt, Thermionik and his mate G u e s t, Jinder.

Flight959 is also quiet and RogerGLewis is departing. Feelings seem to be running high over there!

Perhaps I'll stick around here for a while.

Been in and out of the Lounge recently.

Is it me or have some of my fellow UK nationals disappeared? Johnt' date=' Thermionik and his mate G u e s t, Jinder.

Flight959 is also quiet and RogerGLewis is departing. Feelings seem to be running high over there!

Perhaps I'll stick around here for a while.[/quote']

Oh...when you said "British Withdrawal" I of course assumed you meant their preferred method of birth control!

I'm still here!!

I've been crazily busy recently, writing and recording a new album, writing for other artists, getting my Spring tour booked and also getting ready to be a Dad for the first time...my fiancée and I's baby girl is due anytime now, so it's a busy time!!

I usually drop in once a day, but don't always have the time to post at the min.

I've been crazily busy recently' date=' writing and recording a new album, writing for other artists, getting my Spring tour booked and also getting ready to be a Dad for the first time...my fiancée and I's baby girl is due anytime now, so it's a busy time!!

[/quote']

I guess the preferred English form of birth control doesn't work so well!!

Or spotted ****.

Speakin of Brits, what, I mean seriously, WHAT the eff is that show Modern Toss about? I like twisted humor but I think this one might be beyond me.

I've only seen it once, by the way. I'll be sure to give it another try.

Or spotted ****.

Speakin of Brits' date=' what, I mean seriously, WHAT the eff is that show Modern Toss about? I like twisted humor but I think this one might be beyond me.

I've only seen it once, by the way. I'll be sure to give it another try.[/quote']

That's a new show on me too.

Good to hear from you KL and Jinder.

Hope all is well with the Mrs and the young'un. Sleep deprivation is very underrated.

Hope all is well with the Mrs and the young'un. Sleep deprivation is very underrated.

I'm still here too. Usually have a quick read most days. I'd post more but I have a little boy who is 2yrs4mths and I haven't slept properly for about erm, 2yrs4mths.......

So I generally fall asleep before I hit the 'post' button!

Saskatchewan??!! Oh you poor guy! Are you familiar with snow? How about arctic temperatures? No? You will be soon. [drool]

my first visit here was january last year when it dropped to -54. the snow and cold dont bug me much.

as for whats worn under a kilt... just the socks and shoes!!!

Hey it's nice to hear that are so many Brits writing on this forum. I had the idea that it was dominated by our American cousins. but thats not important, sharing music is the real thing.

Oh yes I love the 'british accent' you guys do, sounds like something out of the 1930s. Come on over here this year and see/hear for yourself, dollar buys lots of pounds, but it won't last!!

There's a dialect coach, I think his name is Robert Easton. He demonstrated the American 'Stage' British accent, which sounded a lot like **** Van Dyke doing a Cockney chimney sweep. I hung my head in shame. Then he demonstrated a real cockney accent, which was very low key and almost monotone. Enlightening.

I once knew someone from the UK who owned an architectural design consulting firm in New York. He played the Cavern Club in his youth. I sold him the Hofner Committee that ended up on the cover of Helmuth Lemme's book on German guitars. He, in turn, sold me Marshall Crenshaw's Hofner Beatle Bass. (Yeah, I'm a name dropper, I can't help it, I have no life otherwise.) He spoke in what he referred to as 'received English'. No idea what ever happened to him, he just vanished.

I know I'm getting older and my hearing isn't what it used to be, but watching old Monty Python skits lately I have to crank the volume and squint my ears to understand what the ______ they're saying.

Archived