Gibson Brands Forums

How to switch to a different yellow bank

JohnPaulGrim

Really guys?

damn, someone out there has to know something?

again gibson thanks so much for putting out a great guitar with little to NO technical support or manual anywhere in sight..

such a let down from a big shot industry leader such as yourself...

tsk friggen tsk.

Dusk Tiger Software Specs page 10.....

4.7 User bank selection (“USR”, G-position)

Allows selection of one of 8 available user banks, which is then accessible in Preset mode.

On activation, the currently selected user bank is shown in the center display. Additionally,

the corresponding outer LED of the bank number is lit blue. The user can turn the MCK to

select a different bank. Pressing Enter will activate the selected bank. The presets of the

activated bank are then accessible in Preset mode.

If a different bank than the first one is selected, the corresponding outer LED will also be lit

blue in Preset mode to indicate the active bank to the user.

If the MCK is on an invalid position (> 8), the MCK will show an “X” as indication.

The user bank selection function can be left by pressing Enter on an unused MCK position.

JohnPaulGrim

The system operates in four different modes with different functionality, identified by the

display color:

• The Tune mode (blue) offers tuning selection without changing the current sound

• The Sound mode (green) offers sound selection without changing the current tuning

• The Preset mode (yellow) changes both tuning and sound.

• The Function mode (red) offers access to special functions and system behavior.

To switch to other Yellow users banks of 11 presets each you have to access

Function Mode (Red). In Function mode, the user can select different system functions.

To select a function, the user turns the MCK to its position. The outer LEDs reflect the current

MCK position, the center display scrolls through a short version of the function name and

then shows the function ID. A function is activated by pressing Enter for longer than one

second. Pushing Enter for less than one second changes back to Sound mode.

- To access Yellow User bank selection (“USR”, G-position) activate the tuning system by pulling on the MCK

- now give the MCK sequent 4 soft presses ("enter") to access the Red bank (the color in the center and or b / # indicate the bank you are in)

- Now turn on the MCK to the outer "G" LED position and give it a sustained press ("Enter").

You are now in Yellow User bank selection (“USR”, G-position)!!

This allows selection of one of 8 available user banks, which is then accessible in Preset mode.

On activation, the currently selected user bank is shown in the center display. Additionally,

the corresponding outer LED of the bank number is lit blue. The user can turn the MCK to

select a different bank. Pressing Enter will activate the selected bank. The presets of the

activated bank are then accessible in Preset mode.

If a different bank than the first one is selected, the corresponding outer LED will also be lit

blue in Preset mode to indicate the active bank to the user.

If the MCK is on an invalid position (> 8), the MCK will show an “X” as indication.

The user bank selection function can be left by pressing Enter on an unused MCK position.

Note: By default we stored different sounds in the Yellow banks 1, 2 and 3 only, Yellow Users banks 4-8 have no sounds stored!!

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Hi all

I got a Dusk Tiger on the weekend and have to say it is a great guitar. It plays very well and coupled with the Pod X3 Pro has an infinite range of tonal possibilities which is what attracted me to it. It is a magnificent and inspirational songwriting tool. However, I was stunned to not find a manual nor any install CDs with the package considering that this is a premium guitar. I think I have a handle on the MCK knob now but haven't tried to restring or attach it to the computer yet. I guess these forums are the substitute for the manual and I guess there it can be rewarding working things out for oneself! :-)

Precisely. As I've said elsewhere in this forum, it's absolutely unbelievable that such a phenomenal guitar does not even have an up to date PDF manual. I would have thought that when paying over £2,500 for a guitar, a printed manual was the bare minimum.

It's not as if the technolgy is radically new - Original Robot, Dark Fire. Even so, I simply cannot believe that Gibson could not invest some man hours in writing the manual whilst the guitar was in development. It seems to me that a simple rewrite of the Dark Fire manual should not be beyond Gibson. I've had my guitar for over a month now (although it's been RMA'd due to a faulty tuner, but that's a whole different issue) and still no sign of a manual. Customer Services haven't even seen fit to let us know when, or even if, a proper manual will be available.

Archived