Gibson Brands Forums

J45 TV questions

fp

The J-45 TV line may have started with Sitka tops but then came the VOS and/or Limited editions with Adirondack tops and now all new TV's have them.

Gibson amaze me sometimes by hiding their light under a bushel. The J-45 TV I played the other day didn't even say 'True Vintage' on the label, just 'J-45'. And yes it was most definitely a 2009 TV model (wide grained Adi top, dull patina vintage sunburst, no electrics and verifiable via SN)

BTW, IMO they are a cut above the standard J-45 in tone and playability. Light as a feather too. Ironically by being 'vintage' with the case spec as well, its actually inferior to the standard one! [cool]

The J-45 TV line may have started with Sitka tops but then came the VOS and/or Limited editions with Adirondack tops and now all new TV's have them.

Gibson amaze me sometimes by hiding their light under a bushel. The J-45 TV I played the other day didn't even say 'True Vintage' on the label' date=' just 'J-45'. And yes it was most definitely a 2009 TV model (wide grained Adi top, dull patina vintage sunburst, no electrics and verifiable via SN)

BTW, IMO they are a cut above the standard J-45 in tone and playability. Light as a feather too. Ironically by being 'vintage' with the case spec as well, its actually inferior to the standard one! [biggrin

My red spruce TV is an '08, and just says "J-45" on the label, too. It does have a Custom Shop decal on the back of the neck, at least...

Red 333

Archived