Gibson Brands Forums

Can you tell ME something about MY SG??

saltek

Hi,

I purchased this, out of the box at Guitar Center in 2004. I played it a couple of times and then put it in the case and that was it. Naturally, it's like brand new and I've taken some interest in it after several years.

I have only seen one other, ever on Ebay or anywhere. I'm sure they're around, but perhaps someone can tell me about it, in depth. (Guitar Center couldn't!)

Thanks for the help!

086.jpg

That seems right or close but, it has the brushed aluminum hardware, guard and grovers. This is as close as I've gotten so far-Thanks. And thanks for the complemenet-I Picked it right out of the box and it is virtuall perfect. You know how some Gibbies can be a little Fked up!

Thanks, I will Try everythingSg and see what they say. I have NOT seen anything like it on the site, though. Ser. # says Feb. 04, Nashville.

Thank you, guys.

Gibson SG Special Platinum Limited Edition

The elegant look of platinum, the most precious of precious metals, extends to the hardware, the headstock, the back of the neck. With the traditional, solid performance of Gibson electronics and craftsmanship, the Platinums make a lasting impression in sight and sound.

You have my guitar's sister. It's an SG Special and the two finishes, Black and Sunrise Orange, were a dealer exclusive for Guitar Center, offered in 2004. IMO these are best Specials they made. They are heavier than even an SG Standard and have an ebony fretboard.

The site that I post photos on went down so this is the best I can do for a photo. Mine is heavily modded with a Bigsby and a 57+ in the bridge.

567_SG_Couch1.jpg

[angry]

There you go! I did not see the orange-different, and frankly I kind of like it! I wonder how many they produced? I HAVE seen one black like mine, but NEVER the orange. Do you mind if I ask you what you paid before the mods? saltek1a@gmail.com if you want something that used to be known as "privacy."

Thanks for your help, guys.

Steve

:-

There you go! I did not see the orange-different' date=' and frankly I kind of like it! I wonder how many they produced? I HAVE seen one black like mine, but NEVER the orange. Do you mind if I ask you what you paid before the mods? saltek1a@gmail.com if you want something that used to be known as "privacy."

Thanks for your help, guys.

Steve[/quote']

When it was all said and done about 250 USD: 100 for the B5, 90 for the pickup, and ~60 to have the Bigsby installed by someone who knows what they are doing. I installed the pickup myself.

Archived