Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Use Anything Like This?

Andre S

OK' date=' sorry, mon. It's a tone shaper. Has nothing to do with your playing ability. Won't make you or break you. Just one more thing to tweak, one more thing over which to obsess. [/quote']

Ok, I figured that playing part was exaggerated, I really meant if it makes such a noticeable change to the sound.

It's a fancy version of the Bass, Middle and Treble knobs on your amp. If you were to look into some of the Metal artists who use in line EQs, you will find they are somewhat versatile in their placement and actual settings, but they all pretty much are either taking out the mids or adding them back in.

I'd strongly advise you to nail your tone using what you have before trying to tweak frequencies.

Unless you're so deeply into metal that mids are no longer required... then it seems to become a required piece of gear, IIRC.

Does that help at all?

It's a fancy version of the Bass' date=' Middle and Treble knobs on your amp. If you were to look into some of the Metal artists who use in line EQs, you will find they are somewhat versatile in their placement and actual settings, but they all pretty much are either taking out the mids or adding them back in.

I'd strongly advise you to nail your tone using what you have before trying to tweak frequencies.

Unless you're so deeply into metal that mids are no longer required... then it seems to become a required piece of gear, IIRC.

Does that help at all?

[/quote']

Its perfect.

But what difference does adjusting frequencies actually make.

BTW I didn't want to buy it, I just wanted to know a bit more about it.

Archived